1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's throwing the following codes

P0470 exhaust pressure sensor
P0475 exhaust pressure control valve

I have a deleted ebpv so I'd like to get rid of these codes. Will cleaning the tube do it or can I delete the sensor completely and throw a resistor somewhere... Really don't want up waste time getting that tube out if i don't have to, same with possibility of buying new sensor to clear code when it's otherwise unneeded

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
I believe the tube and sensor is different from the ebpv in the turbo pedistal correct me if im wrong. When you delete it in the pedistal theres a sensor/resistor someone (i believe strictly diesel) sells that wont have the computer set the code for it like it would if its just unplugged.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You need a resistor/fooler from bob at Dieselorings.com

#13-023 EPV Fooler resistor

You bend this and stick this in open plug wire to remove code when scanned. Well worth the price. It works great on my truck.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you completely eliminate the sensor and tube with freeze plugs and still utilize the resistor to clear code?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean completely eliminate ebv tube and sensor with freeze plugs to eliminate the possibility of leaks and such or does your engine require those items ? Ie does the PCM need to obtain parameters for them, will I hurt anything- even the slightest decrease in mpg if I was to eliminate the tube and sensor and freeze plug both sides while also adding a resistor to that harness

1 - 5 of 5 Posts