Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Customer installed a new turbo, and is having problems. When you open the throttle, the valve will close, with the solenoid plugged in or not. The company that built him the turbo looked at it and claimed it was either too much oil pressure, forcing the valve open... or too much blow-by. I checked oil pressure.... not too high (36-48 cold idle, to 58 WOT @2200 rpms). After warm-up, 8 psi @ idle, 34 WOT @ maybe 3000. It is down a cylinder, and the blowby reflects the miss, as in, the oil fill tube looks like and exhaust pipe from one cylinder. Queston; can the blow-by be entering the oil feed to the turbo and cause this or am I missing something (obviously I am or I wouldn't be asking this). BTW.... this is is not the truck in my sig.... this is a 2000 F450. Thanks.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Just wire the valve open.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Don't think so, the blow by will diffenitly cause the 'exhuast' pipe look in the dip stick, fill tube, pcv. But it should just exit there, unless the compression is somehow finding it's way into the hpo system? Is the injector still in the down cylinder?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Injector OK. Is the turbo oiled by the low pressure system or the high pressure? I thought it was the low pressure system.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
You are correct, the turbo is lubed with low pressure oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts