Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to rid myself of the EBPV when cold but I would like to have a switch to make it a exh. brake when towing. I know how to unplug it, but I want to use it when needed. does anyone know what voltage the valve runs off of? as well as how to wire the switch? :doh: thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: EBPV into Exh. brake?

where did you wire it in? and how?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Re: EBPV into Exh. brake?

I posted a picture of the connector you want to tap into in this thread. The truck pictured is an '01, but I think your series also used the same valve. I bought a kit off of ebay years ago that allowed manual activation with a switch, plus over rode the switch when you touched the accelerator, but I checked a few minutes ago and it's not listed. You'll need to buy a connector to plug in if you want to retain the ability to go back to original. I've been told it's available through NAPA.

I tested the braking effect on a 1 mile mountain pass nearby and saw a 20 mph reduction in speed with the exhaust brake on in Drive with an empty truck. The brake would be more effective with a manual transmission truck, with an auto the converter lock kicks out just under 25 mph.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.