Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be doing some work on the truck this weekend. Planned on doin the ebpv delete and puttin exhaust on. Now to my question. Ive never taken my turbo off and cant find a step by step thread on how to do the delete. I get mostly what im doing but i dont wanna mess anything up, I wanted to know if anyone had a step by step thread. Second, what parts would i need to plug the holes and such. Would i need any new gaskets or orings too, or will i have to find out when i get in there?

·
Registered
510 Posts
do you have a new non ebpv pedestal? When I did mine I fought with it removing the turbo because of the large casting for the actuator that controls the valve makes getting the the drivers side rear bold a real bitch. With the non ebpv pedestal you can get to all 4 bolts very easily. If your just gutting the valve and leaving the actuator the turbo should not have to come off.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Are you gutting the pedestal and removing the ebpv flap? If you are just removing the flap, no need to remove the turbo. If you are theres a great video on line on how to gut the turbo pedestal

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you have a new non ebpv pedestal? When I did mine I fought with it removing the turbo because of the large casting for the actuator that controls the valve makes getting the the drivers side rear bold a real bitch. With the non ebpv pedestal you can get to all 4 bolts very easily. If your just gutting the valve and leaving the actuator the turbo should not have to come off.
No i dont have a new pedestal. I just plan on gutting it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you gutting the pedestal and removing the ebpv flap? If you are just removing the flap, no need to remove the turbo. If you are theres a great video on line on how to gut the turbo pedestal
Whats the link to the video?

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Sorry no write up just a couple of pix. I used a Zip Cut disc on a 4.5" grinder, bought some brass plugs, had taps and drills (sorry don't remember the size) and used JB Weld (with a small piece of scrap aluminum) to plug the crescent shaped hole on passenger end of the cut off cylinder. Put JB Weld in all the threaded holes when installing plugs. Also used a Dremel to clean up and trim brass plug head.

The rationale for trimming the front cast webbing back is to make more room for getting a wrench on the banjo fitting when changing over to electric fuel or having to change out the stock fuel pump.

jrc

·
this $hit is expensive!
534 Posts
Excellent thread in the library here by lovesdunes I think it might be under e-fuel but he goes through a step by step of doing e-fuel ebvp delete and hpop install.

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Yea I was going to link to that but his masterpiece-quality how-to thread unfortunately doesn't show with great detail on how to remove the turbo but he sure does a great job explaining the delete. I've read that thread over 50 times.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts