Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 6.4 with dpf and egr delete, running the H&S mini maxx. Right after I did my EGR delete (around a year ago) I had to cut out my up pipe that went to the EGR cooler because of a leak. I relocated the block off plate and EBP sensor up by the turbos at that joint. Ever sinse then I go threw an EBP sensor about every 3 months. I monitor the number with my mini maxx. It will be reading normal and just drop to zero all of a sudden. Replace the sensor and it is good for another 3 months. I still have the stock tube on the sensor as well. Anyone have any issues like this before and does anybody know why this happens or what causes this?

Reactions: Paul Adkins

·
Registered
683 Posts
Have you cleaned up the tube?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes the tube is clean . I have also replaced the tube each time I replaced the sensor.

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
Heat ruins the sensor. Coil up about 2' of copper tubing and use that in place of the stock tube.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Check the wires where they go into the back of the plug that plugs into the EBP sensor. Check them carefully! Take your time and actually pull the wires from the plug individually ,so you can tell if there is a break in the conductor or not.
On my truck, I found what I thought was a weak spot in the wires right behind the the plug, and when I stripped the coating from the wires, I found at least one of the wires was broken for sure, and another one was weak and I may or may not have broken it trying to strip it to check it.
I simply shortened all three wires, soldered and heat shrinked the wires back together, and have had no problem ever since!
Also...I have seen new EBP sensor plugs on E-bay for $35.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I mounted mine directly to the block off plate when I relocated my sensor to behind the turbos. I didn't use the tube, I used a couple of flare fittings, so my sensor is about 2-3" from the plate. I've never had any issues with it overheating, and I haven't lost a sensor in the year or so since I relocated it. I've only put about 5,000 miles on my truck since then though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I made my own block off plate and moved the sensor after my pipe blew. I have some isulation tape around the sensor and wire, have not had a problem in 50k miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts