·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody?:poke:

·
Administrator
8,155 Posts
It should be within a few psi of your boost.
I'm not familiar with the 6.0 though. It might have barometric pressure in there too so it maybe 14 psi higher.

·
Registered
328 Posts
At idle mine is 17.4 PSI.. truck runs good. and it scales up as I accel. When I hook up my AE and scan, the desired and the actual are way off. Just saw that yesterday. but not sure I will worry about it.. since truck is running great. I think I read somewhere it should be around Baro 14 give or take.
would be interested in others responses ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
My understanding is that key on engine off it should be roughly equal to MAP and Baro (about 14.7psi or 101 kPa) . If you are using a Livewire TS it doesn't read correctly at all.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reason behind me asking is I recently deleted and tuned the truck, I had the normal turbo fart here and there, cleaned the turbo and the unison ring was good. Reinstalled everything and I still ever now and then get the turbo fart and was wondering if it could be the ebp sensor. I have been using my x4 to monitor it in PSI and it seems at WOT it can reach like 120 PSI? which is leading me to believe it may be an issue but I also have no correct readings to go by.:confused:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had the turbo Fart until Ford Flashed the ECM... the it went away. About a year ago, I had it rollback by PHP to a preferred strategy, and the turbo fart came back with it. I had changed my EBP a couple years back for other reasons.. and it had no effect on the Turbo Fart.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
At or near barometric with key on, engine off. At idle, within a few PSI above barometric. As turbo PSI builds, so will your EBP, but at a different rate. I was told by a reputable mechanic, and by numerous people on here, that max should be around 50PSI with stock turbo maxxed around 22-25PSI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts