Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience converting a no OD eaton 10 speed transmission to an OD model.

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
I have installed clutches but that's about my experience with them. Ill ask a guy I know and see if he has any info but that's the best I can do.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have installed clutches but that's about my experience with them. Ill ask a guy I know and see if he has any info but that's the best I can do.
Thank you, there are some Youtube videos from Semi mechanics where they had changed from non OD to OD gears, but there are no part numbers explaining what needs to be bought and how its actually done. I'm pretty sure the stack shifts by one and the OD gear goes on the end of the stack loosing the lowest gear. It all makes sense in my head but can't get the numbers or parts list.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the answer to this question from us gear supply, it is possible and straight forward swap to switch to OD, it requires a new 1:1 gear set and the OD gear set to get a correct step ratio. Cost about 400 so not bad to save a bunch of fuel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts