Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I need some ideas on semi cheap upgrades for my 96 F-250. I usaully average about 15-17 mpg and wasnt sure if there was anything i could do to get a little better.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Call up Dale at Tymar Performance and get his intake and his downpipe if you already dont have a 3 inch downpipe with your stack.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I agree with the 3" down pipe, but you can make a tumor for less than $170. Go to napa and buy a 6637 air filter And a 6" piece of 4" pipe is all you need.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think Dale sells his intake for $110 shipped. Cheaper than I can make it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok man thanks i will give him a call tommorow

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Your Mpg's are about what you will get. Live with it or buy a commuter...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well im not complaing about what i get just wasnt sure if there were mods to help get any better thats all

·
Registered
99 Posts
If it's the one as your avatar, I would take the visor off to help with highway mileage. Synthetics in the drivetrain can help but it's not going to be earth shattering results unless your current oil is really bad. Skinny tires help, smaller mirrors help, air dam under the front bumper helps. All of that would be after the basics like clean air and fuel filters, good fuel, driving easy.

Honestly though, 17 is not bad at all and better than what most people really get with these trucks when they are honest with their math.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Change out downpipe for aftermarket 3", gut the exhaust backpressure valve, remove the cat, keep the stock muffler and use a 3.5" tailpipe if you are really cheap. The 4" exhaust systems are better but the stock muffler will get you to 400 hp with stage IIs, intercooler and chip. Don't laugh, I actually did it...:eek:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys thanks I am in the process of gettin a 3'' DP and my TS is gettin reburned as we speak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts