Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

ease my mind about this subject please, no codes, no cel, doesnt randomly bump into OD.

Shifts smoothly into 1-2,2-3, then from 3-4 It kinda feels like it clunks in there. Trans as I know of is stock. I think Im just overthinking because I always hear people say "firm shifts". Is the feeling im getting just the torque converter? or should I be worried?, fluid does not smell burnt and is still as red as the time I put it in.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I don't know if I can ease your mind but I'll help you worry about it!

Is it a recent development or something it's always done? Any ideas how many miles are on it?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if I can ease your mind but I'll help you worry about it!

Is it a recent development or something it's always done? Any ideas how many miles are on it?

always done this since Ive owned it, and im gona assume its original and say 260k but dont know if its been redone. It drives great! just was curious.

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Dont know if this can cause any issue, but I do think I need a new coolant temp sensor because it doesn't get very high. It’s gets to and just stays at the N in normal on the cluster

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
That's where my coolant temp always runs, only time I've had it get higher is dragging a load uphill with a tail wind.

Are you feeling the trans shift into 4th or the torque converter locking? The normal ones I've been around didn't clunk, but the torque converter lock was definitely a noticable engagement. I'm no expert by far, but that's my experience.

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's where my coolant temp always runs, only time I've had it get higher is dragging a load uphill with a tail wind.

Are you feeling the trans shift into 4th or the torque converter locking? The normal ones I've been around didn't clunk, but the torque converter lock was definitely a noticable engagement. I'm no expert by far, but that's my experience.

To be honest it’s probably the torque converter, it’s just me being paranoid more then likely, It drives great all day, take it on long trips and it’s fine. So prob something normal and me just questioning it

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Torque Converter should lock between 30 and 35 mph, so might watch, that will be a clue.

The guys here have helped me with my paranoia about things a lot, learning to just drive it and enjoy it has been an adventure. Good luck

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Torque Converter should lock between 30 and 35 mph, so might watch, that will be a clue.

The guys here have helped me with my paranoia about things a lot, learning to just drive it and enjoy it has been an adventure. Good luck

So it’s just fourth.. I just bought a new scanner for forscan comes in Saturday.. could this be tps?
Where’s the tranny guys when you need them?

just feels like it drops into fourth

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I drove my buddy’s his does the same thing, prob just normal. His did seem to pickup a little better then my 350 though, his is a 250 long extended cab, mine is a 350 cclb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts