Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blazing a trail to work I drove into the darkness unyielding to the elements that surrounded me. The soupy fog concealed the evil doer lurking on the road edge. Suddenly a brown blur, a glassy dark eye....a thud.:doh::doh:

Anyone help a bro find a 2005-2007 paintable front bumper? I'll hit the Craig's search when I get home. :postwhore2: Seems to be the only visible damage right now. Maybe even a full blown replacement is due. Second time since I've owned the truck to have this happen.

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the good news is running a lift and big tires does have it's advantages. :evil:evil

It would have toasted the radiator, grille, IC plus whatever else is in the middle of the front if I was running a stock height truck. :eek: It didn't even hit the tires...I straight ran over it, right down the middle of the underside. I actually enjoy venison but this isn't my normal way of getting some.

·
blead Ford Blue
473 Posts
Hey Brian there is a bumper for sale on the exterior section, brand new oem, he wants 1300, hell of a way to make hamburger

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's a whole conversion kit but still a good deal. About 10 hours of driving to get it...ugh I'm still looking....lol

Went back to the scene and there's a 15' skid of blood and fur on the road. Hit that thing like a NFL linebacker!! :hehe::hehe: All that was left was the head, ribs and I saw a hoof as well. Dogs and buzzards did much work in 8 hours.

·
Registered
853 Posts
dammit man!!!i'll keep an eye out for ya!! on a bumper that is..

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Just get a fullreplacement and be done. I hit a 250lb hog a deer and a few havilina in my trucks and have never had a problem because I allways have a fullreplacement.

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've seen too many front replacements that look like crap. No one out there is worth the cost with the crappy looks. Besides the smaller light guard bars on the full replacements will bend into the lights and fenders causing damage versus providing protection. I have tried to get manufacturers to listen about creating a better looking full replacement but it falls on deaf ears.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
mine does good. I push and hit #### with i for kicks when I feel like it.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Sorry to hear about your luck brian!! go with a road armor bumper! i know they are expensive as chit but i think they are the best lookin out there

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I hear you guys. I need to see them in person. The only one I have really liked is the Warn bumper.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
1,396 Posts
Yes indeed. I blame myself though. Goofing off one night going 100+ Poor critter never stood a chance LOL

Luckily it was a small deer and I am a leveled F-350. So no damage besides the bumper.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I ran a dear over in my truck (large lift) it actually jumped right when I hit it-still didn't hit the bumper-lol. It made some horrendous noises as it went under the truck, then the trailer I was towing. All that came out the back was hair.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts