Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I've read everything I can find here on the PCMs in the e99s. Mine is an AWA3 do i need to change this? I have change to the later turbo set-up (stock 01 with a wheel in it for now) New PCM? yes or no

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Search around for a PMT1. Much easier for tuners to deal with. Plus it comes with better shifting in the stock mode.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
AWA3 would be a manual tranny. if you plan on bumping up the power then yes a newer PCM would be better, if you plan to stay with DP call and talk to Jody

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I have an older DI chip tuned to an APX1 PCM (which is also a handshaker) Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I have an auto XLE4 and Jody has it dialed in.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
My early 99 is also still an XLE pcm, Jody live tuned it for me last summer, it seems to work pretty well. I'm do for another live tuning though, lots of changes over winter.

PMT would probably show some good improvements though...

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Call Swamps, since Jon has an e99 now they don't see the need to swap to a newer PCM, because they have tunes for the e99 PCM's. :D

Dave

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Like I said Jody has mine dialed in. I couldn't be more pleased. Right after I first installed it he tweaked it 1 time and nailed it. Since then I have added an Adrenaline and it runs great with the same tunes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again! I'll give Swamps a call and see what they can do for me. I have a older DI chip from an APX1. Jody doesn't tune on these chips anymore.(I'm happy will his tunes on my wifes Excursion)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts