Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
glad to own an oil burner
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a early 99 7.3 and apparently has stage 2 injectors. how do i verify that?
also i have almost a complete 02 7.3 that was getting coolant in the oil. but i have the hpop,turbo,up pipes just about everything. what all should/can i swap over.
i also want to do the fuel bowl delete and run a 4 inch downpipe
by the way the drivetrain is for a project. im looking at putting it in a 97 or so f150 :evil

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Only way yo verify that is to pull one out and send it off. The turbo set up, pcm, and hpop from the 02 would be a big help on it.

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the pcm was sold long before i bought this unfortunately. where would i send them to? and also it has some 6 position chip. but i am not sure what tunes it has or who did the chip. basically i bought a drive train and all the wiring from a wrecked truck.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
I would say send them to nate from unlimited but he dont do tuning to check your chip. Call beans diesel performance. They can check your injectors and redo your chip to match them.

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thankyou very much. i have alot to learn. also my dad is a welder/ fabricator and i can weld and fabricate to a point. so alot of stuff ill be able to make to do the swap. are then any companies out there that have knowledge on a swap like this that anyone knows of?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
are you are putting the 99 block on the o2 or o2 stuff on the 99 frame.
if you are running the e99 body, you will want to swap the cupholders out as well..
actually you want to send me the 02 cup holder :evil:

so do you have a pcm?
cause the pcms are diff, for the 02 -03,
but actually a pmt series would be better for the e99.

also while the turbo flows more it will surge if you don't either add a wicked wheel or an ats 400 housing, and at 400 i'd just wait till i swaped out the turbo.

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maby i didnt explain. i bought a drive line and harness of a 99 sd. i also have an 02 motor. i am putting the motor,trans,and tcase with the wiring in an f150

·
I get's it did!
376 Posts
You're gonna wanna use the e'99 block...

my .02

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Sure does.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Dern ...I wasn't kiddn about the o2 cup holder.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts