Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I have the heads off, I am thinking about replacing the early 99 intake plenums with later model 3" ones. At this time, I don't want to replace the spider or any other plumbing. Question is this: Do the inlets fall in the same location on both, so that all I would have to find is a 2 3/8" to 3" reducing boot to connect the early 99 intake spider to the 99.5 intake manifolds, or is there more to it than that? Also, will the early 99 turbo clear the 99.5 intake plenums? I have heard that OBS guys had to do some BFH massaging of the intake plenum at the turbo to get it to clear.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I dont know about the clearance issues... But the location is the same. Airflo is just down the street from your jobsite, should be able to help you out!

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
hey i sorta did what your talking about only i did it backwards lol I have a late spyder with early plentums... I got the reducers from some silicone website and they work great and everything lines up

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know about the clearance issues... But the location is the same. Airflo is just down the street from your jobsite, should be able to help you out!
Ya, but the truck is up by the airport and the motor is on an engine stand right along side it.

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
Ya, but the truck is up by the airport and the motor is on an engine stand right along side it.

well walk its not that far lol :D

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wooner, the stock number t-2383 boot is a true 2 3/8" to 3" , works perfectly.

turbohoses.com

The 3" SD intake doesn't have to have any "tweaking" to get it to clear the turbo....
And that is the case with the 3" intakes with the early 99 turbo (Bean's D66)?

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
They will probably clear... the early 99 pedistle is way higher than the OBS ones so i would think it should clear pretty easily.. im not 100% but even if it did take a little massaging to get it in there it wouldnt be much

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
It took only a little flattening on a rear corner on my 97. Not a big deal. And as I recall, it was more to clear the fuel line fitting thats not there anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts