Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought an early 99 f250 with the 7.3. Fixed all the issues and the truck runs great. The truck still had stock exhaust so the cat and muffler had to go. After straight piping the truck i noticed a high pitch nasty sounding squeal from what sounds like the turbo. Also the gas petal felt softer and the truck had very poor low end power. Start hearing the noise about 1700rpms only while in gear. In park or neutral the noise is gone. If i let off the throttle it will quit. To me the noise sounds like the turbo fins are hitting something. I looked on the internet to find a post exactly like mine however nobody really gave a diagnosis. I did more searching and heard something about the wastegate, so i unplugged mine. And somehow unplugging that made all my problems go away. The noise has stopped completely and the turbo whistle sounds much healthier, the gas petal returned to what it used up be, and all my low end power returned. My question is, what in the absolute hell would make my truck do that?? And then unplug one thing and all my problems go away!! I just don't get it haha

1 - 1 of 1 Posts