Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening!

I have a problem with my early 95 psd that I could use some help with.

It has a intermittent problem where at highway speeds, it will start stumbling and lose power. It will come on all of a sudden and the truck will downshift, I will have the hammer down and rpms will go up to 2500 or 3000 but it will just keep slowing down until i pull over. Often times I can keep feathering the throttle for a few minutes, and then it will be fine for the rest of the drive. This might happen once a month or once a week. Sometimes when I'm pulling a trailer, most times not.

I have changed the IRP, ICP, CPS, glow plug relay, fuel filter, fresh oil change 1000 miles ago, fuel pump, back flushed the fuel lines, it has a new air pump, new glow plugs last spring, new front crankshaft seal, and a new lpop O ring. I checked the screen going into the side of the fuel bowl. Looked good. Truck has 330,000 miles. First fuel filter was pretty dark looking. I'm not sure when it was last changed. New filter has been looking good for the last 10,000 miles.

Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you check the return line screen on the top of your fuel filter bowl? And did you completely drain and clean ff bowl before installing the new fuel filter?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. Cleaned out the screen even though it looked good. Since my first post, I've also bypassed the tank selector valve and dropped the tank. Tank and sending unit looked good. No sludge or crud at all. Currently trying to find a new sending unit as I broke the old one taking it out. I think I may have an oem 23 gallon tank vs the more standard 19 gallon front tank. And thank you for replying!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts