Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got back my first diesel truck back from my Dad and since it needs new tires I figured why not lift it and put some 35's on it. I don't want to get to carried away cost wise but I know I don't want a stiffer ride I also want to retain some rake so I don't have to add airbags to not have it squat when I put some weight in the bed or hook up a heavy trailer. I will be putting aftermarket 18" or 20" wheels on that are 9-10" wide as well. What suggestions do you have for someone that knows little about lifts?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Put a 4 inch lift on it. I have a Fabtech 4 inch lift and like it.

·
Guilty on all counts
339 Posts
I have a 2000 Excursion with a 6" lift on 35's on 20" rims. It is a little stiffer but really handles well with the 20" rims.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a leveling kit and run 18" wheels and 35x12.5x18s. 2000 f350. Stock suspension except for an added leaf in the front o and new shocks of coursem

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
Any add-a-leaf will make your ride stiffer.

I hear 4' will clear 35's but it will depend on how much suspension travel you want VS back spacing and tire & wheel width.

I had 6" w/ 35" procomp XT's on 16x10 wheels w/ 4.5" backspacing. A 4" lift would NOT have adequately worked for that combo.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Keep in mind if you are doing any towing the 4" add a leaf is best. No rear sag when any weight is put on. I just went thru this process after putting on 37x13.5/22. Managed to get them under my 4" pro comp. With some trimming in front. I do allot of pulling so didnt want to go 6". Had 35x12.5/20 on before this with no rubbing.

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
If you don't want to go too costly or radical go with X-code factory springs and blocks under the rears, you won't be unhappy. You might rub when you lock out left/right but... I'm sure people advocating $4k lift kits will poopie all over this idea, as the vehicle then doesn't ride like a Kia, but if you want to save money....

Another alternative is this...

ReadyLift 69-2538 3.5" Hybrid Smart Suspension Technology Lift Kit:Amazon:Automotive

You can find it a few dollars cheaper if you search out that product number.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended up ordering a Procomp 4" lift since it will do what I want, but I upgraded the shocks to Fox 2.0's with there steering stabilizer also. The lift should be here today or tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to install it this weekend or not.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Great minds think alike. I have had Procomp springs and Fox 2.0 resi shocks for a little over a year, with a matching stabilizer now on the way. I have had mine off road several times an am pleased with it. IMHO a 4" lift and 35s are perfect for a daily driver.

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
You can do a 4" lift or even just 3.5" hangers and shocks from Donahoe

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ended up getting a Procomp 4" lift, with Fox 2.0 shocks. I also replaced the tie rod ends, the track bar, and the drag link ends while we were doing the install. I put some 18" x9" wheels and 305/70/18 Cooper ST Maxx tires.
Before
After

·
Registered
275 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fuel Mavericks with machined edges. I really wanted the ones with the spokes completely machined, but they were on national backorder with no tentative availability date.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Running 315-75-16E Duratracs on 16x10" wheels with (?) offset, I went with X-code front springs plus a 2" Mini-spring pack on the front for 4" of lift in the front. Also added an adjustable track-bar. Rear is 100% stock. (4" F-350 block) I know a guy with a F-250 that has a 4 or 4.5" lift...his truck is barely 1" taller than mine. I love the ride, just had to pull back the plastic fenders ~1".

Before:

After:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts