Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
E99 f350 CCLB DRW(factory) L99 F350 CCSB modded(unknown) 00 f250 SCLB factory
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So wanting to do the 2000 upgrades on my E99. Im aware of what needs to be done.
But with regards to the turbo...is it a straight swap? Or should the wheel from the 99 be swapped over to the 00 turbo as well?
The E99 is straight factory. Will be getting 4 inch down to 4 inch out straight. Intake plenums, s and b intake, pcm and idm, hpop and injectors out of the 2000.
I already have an 04 front dana 60 with the bigger hubs and brakes. Eventually it will be getting the interior from my 03 excursion installed(grey leather from blue cloth).
Any other opinions, advice? You guys Here seem to be the most knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff. Anything else I am overlooking or haven't thought of? Thanks a million!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also own a late 99 f350 that has a bigger turbo big injectors and was chipped but I didn't get it when I bought the rig. PO retained it. I want to do these mods with a hope of maintaining factory reliability while gaining better power and mpgs. That motor is high strung the way its set up and I honestly don't think it's at the point where it will maintain its longevity.

A little background on the e99...its my daily. Mostly no load. Haul cars and trucks every now and then. Bed gets loaded with firewood a bunch through the year. It doesn't work everyday...but im always working! Haha. Thanks guys!!

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,624 Posts
I would just swap the whole turbo if you can. Never tried swapping between the two. If you do, the 00 pedestal is different, and the up pipes as well. Just in case you didn't know.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was planning on swapping everything turbo related as well. Thank you for the reminder though!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
What size turbo and injectors are in the other truck?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What size turbo and injectors are in the other truck?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sorry for such a long delay. I was having trouble logging in here....and life. Honestly?? Not sure. It's got a BD turbo. Was told 220cc injectors and the pcm is flashed for a bug tune. The only thing I know 100% is...the turbo is bigger than factory. The thing will scream as soon as you hover your foot over the pedal. It had a 4 inch down to 5 inch to some humongous tip. S and b cold air. And gauge set that didn't seem to be hooked up correctly. I've taken the 4 inch down off it and the s and b. They reside on my dually now. And I'll tell ya?? Sure put some life into her. Since 5 months ago I've picked up 2 more 7.3l trucks. 1 2001 f350 cab and chassis flat bed. 1 L99 extended cab 250 but it was a landscape truck. Had a dump bed big springs and was told the motor just had a bunch of work done to it. . So...got 5 7.3's as of now with absolutely ZERO intentions of getting rid of any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts