Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any advice on where a good place would be to send a set of heads off to so that i could get some headwork done. possibly port/polish and add pushrods, valvesprings
any advice would be appreciated

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will remember that. i've got a similar thread posted up on a couple of different forums so i can gather different information from different people. I've also been told that DI is also a great option

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Two great choices, just be sittn down for quotes.

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any usual measurements they go by or anythihg such as that? because im just looking for some mild work to add some strength on the top end. basically just trying to prevent too much damage from happening when going down the track pulling the sled. or just towing our gooseneck around the farm.
would the exhaust ports need some attention as well?

sorry for asking dumb questions, i just dont know anything about this

·
Registered
136 Posts
Diamond engineering and machining in monticello, IN does great work! thats where i had all my head work done. They done a great job, painted the heads also. And they are pretty resonable

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Alot of people do the porting and polishing themselves.. I've done a few sets on some mustangs with a grinding wheel and some free time. As far as I know there isn't strict measurement tolerances when it comes to porting and polishing, well at least in my experiences anyways.

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Diamond engineering and machining in monticello, IN does great work! thats where i had all my head work done. They done a great job, painted the heads also. And they are pretty resonable
thanks for the tip Rogers, i may call them and see what they can do for me. Do you have any advice on what i should have them do on mine, if i'm going to do 250's ?

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
I went at it with a die grinder on my heads.. just common sense touching up casting porosity and flaws to make the air path as smooth as possible.. think like an air molecule

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Ever read about the honda guy that polished his heads with a bag of sand blasting meadia....
Nice.

Just jack up the car start it..boost to 5-10 psi and dump the sand in the intake.
Guy got a good 10-15 lbs in. :doh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts