Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebuilt the trans myself. BUT i forgot to flush out the cooler.:doh: Sooo. The trash wound up in the pump and the OD piston on the valve body. I dropped the pan and cleaned the valve bodies enough times to go through 5 gallons of tranny fluid. I eventually just said screw it and drove it with the OD light flashing and no OD. So a year later i got time to tear it down and this is what i got. Looks nice. Everything above the mid support is trash. Reverse, and intermediate bands look new, as well as the clutch band. You can see that heat killed alot of parts. The top plate for the OD clutch pack warped bad and welded a few clutches to it. I need to find a new case too because i have alot of valve body bolts that stripped. OH well. enjoy the pics.

Attachments

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I don't know where you are from but I have my old trans sitting here on a pallet looking for a new home. I am pulling the valve body but the rest of it is up for grabs. the torque converter cooked but the truck still drove when I pulled the trans. A fresh rebuild and new torque converter should have you up and running.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Burlington, NJ. I have a bunch of parts that i need to go thru from an old trans that i saved some stuff from. All of my hardened parts still look good. Most of the wearable items i will replace. Hopefully i can have the converter cut and cleaned. The two biggest items is the billet converter and the pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts