Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cummins?$?$?$?
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine has a F250, nothing special just a TS 6 po, intake exhaust, automatic. Today he left my house and called me to say that hes truck would shift to 2nd bt wouldnt get to third. The tranny is a little weak but it hasnt had a problem shifting without a load, slips vary little, the convertr is still strong, when he puts it in reverse it brings the motor down to about 500RPM then lets go after a second or 2. On the 1st to 2nd problem im thinkin the solenoid body, but if there something else i need to check other then fluid level which is good, and viscocity of the fluid(it and the filter were changed about a year and a half ago).It doesnt stink like its burning it doesnt get very hot. But if theres an other thing that i need to look at i would appreciate your .02. Thanx in advance.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Sounds like the 1st/reverse clutch pack is about to lock right up. That is a serious sign of a bad trans. How do you know the converter is strong? Slipping is another good indicator of either a converter going bad or the trans. Basically he needs a trans and converter. Ignoring the signs doesn't make it a good trans.

·
Cummins?$?$?$?
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cant prove that the converter is strong, im just asuming, it just felt that it locked up pretty quick, and hard, but as far as the tranz goes yea id say its shot, the guy is broke so if anybody is intrested in buying a nice 250, no rut at all, it is a 1st PS... 8/94, from canada. 151k, 2in body lift, 285's.And if youre reading this needs trany. PM for more info. Thanx again speeddemon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts