Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

E4od unlock switch

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Rawdog 
#1 ·
7.3 dually dump truck. Rebuilt this truck all the way down to bare frame. Rebuilt the trans with 4r100 parts and a Tugger HD shift kit and low stall tc. Truck shifts awsome but my only prob is I'm all back roads with hills.. I hit 33 mph and if I don't ease the throttle the tc locks right away and kinda chugs a bit. If I hammer down its OK but I like to go easy and at 15 to 1700 rpm in third and when the tc locks up a hill it doesn't like it unless I let off right before it locks and I can't feel it. My question is can I install a lighted toggle switch to cut the circuit and when I'm at around 35 to 40 mph with rims at 2 just flip the switch for normal operation. And if I never switch it off it will be as if there is no switch? I just need it locked a few mph more

#6 ·
techniclally yes bout most likely will throw a code for torque converter slippage

personally id get the chip adjusted like others have said they can move just the lockup setting to a higher rpm
or if it was my truck id prefer it to be locked and in 2nd gear to keep heat down

#7 ·
Ok ill look into it. So if i cut the circuit for the lock it will still slip? Its tuff bc i have a 10 mile drive at about 30 to 35 and when the tc locks at that speed to rpm is at 1300. Kinda to low. I have a big cooler and i can drive for an hour or two before my temp gauge hits 100deg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.