Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i bought an e4od but it is a 4r100. I know you can swap them decently easy. Yet i do not know what a .090 orifice is and some people say you need things and others say you don't. Was hoping for some clarification. Maybe even just tell me everything. I have a 1997 f350 cclb 2wd dually. Thanks

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,089 Posts
Early '99 4R100s will swap in with NO problems. If it is a late '99 or newer 4R100 you need to change the orifice that controls the torque converter lockup clutch. If you don't change it the lockup will SLAM on every time. You'll hate it.

Go to THIS link. Near the bottom click on "Instructions." Then go to page 5, it shows you where the orifice is an how to change it.

Reactions: heavydoc

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Early '99 4R100s will swap in with NO problems. If it is a late '99 or newer 4R100 you need to change the orifice that controls the torque converter lockup clutch. If you don't change it the lockup will SLAM on every time. You'll hate it.

Near the bottom click on "Instructions." Then go to page 5, it shows you where the orifice is an how to change it.
i

It is a 98 e350 2wd diesel trans. I read you need to swap the tail housing and shift lever on the side of the trans and just leave the sensors alone. I really just need to know everything I need to swap because this is my daily and I hate driving the explorer. Thank you for the reply

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,089 Posts
That trans should work with NO changes.The tail housing and shift lever are the same between E-Series and F-Series.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it has a different shift lever on it definitely. I think the guy i bought it from said it was a replacement tranny at one point

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That trans should work with NO changes.The tail housing and shift lever are the same between E-Series and F-Series.
The shift lever is Definetly different. Im pretty sure the tail housing is too. Guy i bought it from said it was a new trans. If its a pwm torque converter can that be used? He gave me a torque converter, trans, and external tranny cooler

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The shift lever is Definetly different. Im pretty sure the tail housing is too. Guy i bought it from said it was a new trans. If its a pwm torque converter can that be used? He gave me a torque converter, trans, and external tranny cooler
I just looked up the tag on the 4r100. It came up with only 98 e350 tranny's. The shift lever is different. Pic is of 4r100

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts