Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So let me start with giving you some info, I have a 96 F250 with over 300k, the trans has been built and I have no issue with it at all normally, it shifts great all the time and doesn't get hot. Here in AZ we have had some pretty substantial rain fall (for us at least) in the last week. My wife took the truck out a few days ago and called me saying it didn't want to shift after she had gone though a puddle (she was right down the street so I told her to take it home). That night when I got home from work I took the truck out all was fine, truck shifted like always. Fast forward to today and I got to experience this same phenomena. I went through a puddle then the truck was acting like the the TC was locking and unlocking. Any speed above 35 made the truck buck and act like it was hard shifting up and down and caused the truck to buck. Torque pro was showing that I was bouncing from 4th to 2nd. I babied it home and took it out a few hours later and all was good. I'm guessing something is getting wet and shorting out. I'm not getting any OD light or CEL. My question is where is the best place to start? MPLS? The wiring looked OK, but I only took a quick look. Thank you for the help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts