Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CSAR Bish
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I converted my dually to 4wd. No issues with my 2wd tranny what so ever. I swapped in a 94' 4wd e4od and transfered the NSS and the solenoid pack from the 97 to the 94 tranny. Now when placed in D the truck starts in 1st but will not shift o 2nd unless manually shifted. Tranny will not go in to 3rd or OD. when I disconnect the solenoid pack the tranny starts in 2nd and will go to OD but will not lockup. Speedo and tach work normal. Now I have a hard ABS light and I've already swapped out the VSS sensor. All wiring on the tranny and VSS check good and a fuses are good. I had the tranny shop check it out and their computer manually shifted through all gears sitting stationary. He said his money is on the dash bezel gauges. I swapped those out and no change. I'm pulling my hair out trying to fire it out

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,075 Posts
Have you checked for codes?

As for the dash bezel gauges, you would have had more success fixing this by checking your tire pressure. At least that way you'd know that the tires were at the right pressure. Neither the tires nor the dash bezel gauges have anything to do with this problem.

·
CSAR Bish
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tranny guy basically said the tranny isn't getting a signal from the VSS but all that checks out good. I believe he said it didn't have any codes. But I can't remember

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,075 Posts
I think I know what he meant. He meant the PSOM. It's located on the back of the gauges. It takes the VSS signal and converts it to an MPH signal that the computer can use. They often cause VSS error codes.

·
CSAR Bish
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've swapped out the VSS and ensured the conection is good. I still have a hard abs light that I can't get to go a way. The light showed up after the tranny swap and after a few test runs of the tranny not working right

·
CSAR Bish
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump for more troubleshooting

·
CSAR Bish
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump

1 - 7 of 7 Posts