Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've searched and searched and can not come up with a fix! First off let me tell you the back ground of my truck... I'll give you the short version! I bought my 97 and drove it home. (300km trip) went to work on it a couple days later and all it would do it smoke white. I ended up buying a parts truck from a good friend and swapped the motor and trans. The trans only had 500kms on it. I got it all back together and started driving it. First I noticed that the trans shifted way too fast into OD. (Around 30mph). Then I noticed there was no passing gear... So I did some searching and started replacing parts. I replaced the TPS, the shift solenoid and the wiring harness... Ive gotten the truck to where there's kickdown now, but it only happens around 3/4 throttle, anything more and it goes into kickdown then shifts immediately... And it's still shifting into OD at 30 mph and lugs the truck... What do I do? I've looked at all the electrical plugs and everything seems fine...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention that my TPS with the pedal to the floor is reading 6.5volts.. I can't get it to read anywhere 4.5 to save my life.. And it is reading 6.5volts at 3/4 throttle... I've drilled the holes bigger and still nothing...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You could try a different computer. You could try the one from your donor truck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I forgot to mention that my TPS with the pedal to the floor is reading 6.5volts.. I can't get it to read anywhere 4.5 to save my life.. And it is reading 6.5volts at 3/4 throttle... I've drilled the holes bigger and still nothing...
Where are you measuring voltage?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried the doner computer and nothing changed. I'm measuring the voltage at the tps connector at the throttle pedal...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I tried the doner computer and nothing changed. I'm measuring the voltage at the tps connector at the throttle pedal...
Ecm won't change vintage read out. It's odd your seeing that voltage, as that sensor should never show more than 5v
Does the voltage sweep as you press the pedal

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, it Shows .90 volts at idle position and sweeps from there. It's at 4.5 volts around 3/4 throttle. Which make sense cause at 3/4 throttle it will kick down, anything more then 3/4 throttle and it kicks down then locks up immediately...

·
Registered
62 Posts
That makes sense. The ecm cant understand more than 5v and going into failsafe mode

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thoughts on what to do?
If you've swapped sensors, you need to get schematics and check input voltage. Look for a short that might be causing the issue

1 - 10 of 10 Posts