Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased 97 f250 w/ 7.3, OD light was blinking, rear 3rd brake light was out. , fixed brake lights & reset the computer. Now if u feel like ur stuck & truck don't want to move the OD light starts blinking again. If the light gets reset again, and the truck gets moving easy it's drivable without setting the light until it down shifts or on it some then it will blink. With the light reset again I found that I can leave the truck in park & Rev the engine 1 good time & the OD light will start to flash again. I suspect previous owner drove it 5,000 mile we OD blinking & no torque converter lock up. Is it possible that the tranny stalling under a load problem could be torque converter failure or where do I go from here? Under 1st example battery had to b disconnected to clear code the other instances code can be cleared just by shutting the motor off.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,088 Posts
Why do you keep clearing the codes? Obviously they keep coming right back. That's why the OD light is blinking. If you read the codes we can help diagnose what's wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts