Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just like the title says my e4od hesitates/slips between shifts. time for a new tranny? no tranny codes found. will a transgo tugger kit fix this? fluid shows signs of slippage (brownish color)

i know where a good used jasper tranny is that shifted great. the guy i sold it to decided to go with a built tranny and sell this one back to me

thanks in advance

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump....

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no one?

·
Registered
270 Posts
do you have any sort of chip on the truck? can you give a little be more detail? Tugger kit isnt going to fix any mechanical problems but it will shorten the shifts and raise line pressure. You have to pull the trans to put it all in though. Mostly the boost valve in the pump.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
When the trans fluid changes color like that, it is probably time for a rebuild. I don't believe that a shift kit, tugger or Valve Body can fix the issue. I suggest doing it before it forces the issue when you are in the middle of nowhere.

I wouldn't buy a Jasper trans unless I am planning to sell the truck tomorrow.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the jasper is $200 vs $1400 for a rebuild. cant afford the rebuild right now so itll have to do. trannys been getting worse lately. especially with the chip on extreme.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.