Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm back and I got another question lol. Recently bought his 97 f250hd 4x4 psd. I bought it and It has a completely overhauled trans. I have the work order for it and with the parts it ran the guy a little over 3100 dollars to have replaced. Has about 20k on rebuild. But my question here it what could cause it to shift slowly and what I mean is u can feel it hit but it takes another few secs to actually lock in. It's worst in 2-3 shift. 4th sometimes does it as well bit not as bad. It does not seem to do itquite as bad under hard excelleration. Which leaves me to believe it has issues with line pressure. I changed fluid last week and it was Very clean. I've been entertaining the idea on getting a factory tech valve body but i don't think that will fix the problem. I've also heard of a plate behind the shift accumulator that has leaks pressure off at times? I've done a lot of forum reading tryin to figure this out and figured it was time to make my own post. I've already replaced the vss on the rear end and was thinking about replaceing the mlps and tps but at this point I'm just throwing money at it. I do not have a tuner so this is all stock programming. I'm worryed if I do get a tuner ATM it will chew my trans up and spit it out lol. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts