Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Hardcore Redneck
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where the heck are you supposed to mount your pump and filters on a regular cab truck? I was about to order all the parts, and decided to do a little pre-inspection and discover that there is little to no room on the drivers frame rail to mount my setup. Do you put on the outside of the frame or go to the passenger side? I dont know what to do, Im about to say F it not even put E-fuel on my truck. If anyone has delt with this pics would be great.

·
Hardcore Redneck
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Approx where on the outside? You would still want it in front of the selector valve, right?

·
Underfunded
431 Posts
Im droping my midship tank and using that space, not sure if that helps.

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
Approx where on the outside? You would still want it in front of the selector valve, right?
Yeah. You want to plumb it in between the selector valve and the engine. The filters can be mounted on the cab roof for all that really matters.

If it were my truck, I'd mount it between the bed skins: That dead air space between the outside of the truck and the inside of the bed.

·
Hardcore Redneck
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Filters on the cab - thats friggin' hilarious LOL

·
Hardcore Redneck
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thaks for the input, I gues Ill not ditch the idea after all

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
Yeah, it's only plumbing. Mount the big parts where you can make them fit, and route hoses in between.
Shorter hoses are obviously better, so if you do decide to put the filters on top of the cab, use larger hose to reduce the overall restriction from such a long length.

But, keep the filters as close to upright as you can. It reduces the mess when you take it off for a filter change.

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
My filter and pump are mounted on the driver side under the bed on the outside of the frame. There are 2 channels in the bed floor that it is mounted to

-Michael

·
Hardcore Redneck
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DieselFever, do you notice any noise/vibration having the mounted to the bed rail? I would think you wouldn't notice w/ the truck running, but I was curious.

·
Winners never quit!
502 Posts
My filters and pumps are mounted directly under the cab on the frame rail using the existing holes for the skid plate, i can post pics tomorrow.. nice thing about where I mounted them is its right in front of the selector valve and up far enough its completely concealed.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
i have the CPR system and i was able to mount the fuel cooler, pre filter, SD pump, and post filters all on the inside of the frame rail on the driver side on my 2wd single cab. the post filter that the CPR uses is an inline filter so it fits nicely between the frame and the crossmember support that goes up to the top of the frame rail. here are some pics before i reworked the fuel lines the way i wanted them just to make sure it all fit nicely and worked like i wanted it to. i have since shortened the fuel lines, i just put them like that to make sure everything was good and i didn't need to move everything around so please excuse the gobs of fuel line all over the place. LOL

Attachments

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
Travis, we have a T case and a front drive line in the way. :D
pretty sure this would fit with the Tcase and everything in there, but thats why i specified that this was on a 2wd. if it won't fit inside the rail then there is PLENTY of room right on the outside of the frame rail at that same exact spot. Plus, i didn't notice that the OP's truck was 4wd. haha. dang 4wd's good reminder for me to not get a regular cab 4wd for my tow truck. :D

the Tcase might sit right around where my fuel cooler is, but mostly everyone else isn't using a fuel cooler anyways so look at it without that and you don't have much sticking out there that far.

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
DieselFever, do you notice any noise/vibration having the mounted to the bed rail? I would think you wouldn't notice w/ the truck running, but I was curious.
There's not any noise that I can tell. I'll see if I can get some pictures of it for you

-Michael

1 - 20 of 21 Posts