Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read all of the threads on doing an electric fuel system conversion and have never seen this mentioned. I am wondering if at the back of the heads where the fuel fittings go, do those who have done a conversion think that a -6AN x 1/8th" fitting would fit back there without interference from the up pipes. I am going to attempt to run a full 3/8" feed line assembly to the heads. Any and all info on this is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I recall looking at that when I did mine. I also was considering running new braided steel hoses from the heads to a Y-junction block rather than buying the SAE fitting to replace the banjo bolt. If my memory is correct, that'd work either side, it'd just take a 90 degree elbow I believe. Lemme see if I can find pictures.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Okay here's the valley with the turbo of but I had not yet pulled the fuel bowl yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
And here's the drivers side. I think a straight hose end would work here, but keep the factory fittings.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Here's the passenger side. I'd add a 90 elbow and then a straight hose end.

Attachments

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. Hows this one for ya. On my truck there is a 90* fitting factory on the driver side head in the back by the up pipe and a 45* fitting on the passenger side in the back. Basically the exact opposite of your setup.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Odd...well not really for Ford, my front auto hubs were different from anybody elses' too.

I double checked the pictures so see if I had them labelled backwards--these were cropped slightly to post here, but you can definately see the clutch master cylinder in the background in the drivers side pic, and the AC box in the other pic.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I have an A/N fitting in the pass. side and an adaptor to the stock line on the drivers side. as the a/n 90* fitting hit the uppipe flange. I will remedy that issue soon tho.

·
PMS medication required
455 Posts
I used 3/8" stainless when I did my conversion. I don't recall what the fittings where that I used but they fit just fine.

0011.jpg

·
Registered
210 Posts
i have been wondering about this conversion what do you need, how do you do it, and what will it all cost, a PM would be awsome:poke:

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK. Thanks guys. I am just gonna have to try it and see. It looks like I can fit an 1/8"NPT x -6 straight in there but I think the 90* swivel hose end may touch the uppipe or be very close to it. That is the only thing that concerns me is the heat from the uppipe boiling or igniting the fuel in the line. I wonder if I could get one of those plugwire heat protectors over it to solve that problem? Everything else looks like it will be a nice easy job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts