Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to put together parts for a complete fuel system on a project starting from scratch. I want to get rid of the fuel bowl and use an electric fuel pump. I know guys make the complete kits but those are really pricey. I came across a fuel bowl delete kit that PSN member Markfuga is offering for a reasonable price. Its obvious that his kit is well made and works great for stock applications but my question is will his kit work for power levels above stock. Also need to know what type of fuel pump I should run. I have a 38r with 238 hybrids, will never see 550hp, probably be between 400 - 500.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I used his kit also with a walbro GSL392 pump. The bosch 044 is also a good pump. Diesel power magazine ran their truck with 238s and a walbro pump and it kept up just fine.
Here is a pic of the engine valley. I got the gauge on ebay.
Here is a pic of my pump and filter setup. I used -6 an fittings and 3/8 stainless braided fuel hose. I bought everything off ebay. Its a good idea to use a couple valves so you can change the filters without fuel running all over.

Destructo, what the hell you talking about?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, I like the valve idea. Wasn't sure about the fuel pump, I remember hearing quality problems with one of the brands but cant remember which one. What is the verdict on the aeromotive A1000 pump? Did you look into plumbing the gauge into the cab? Maybe digital?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have also heard quality problems but thats with anything I think. Someone out there has had a problem with it. For the price the aeromotive pump was not an option for me. Im not sure the aeromotive is even rated to run at higher pressure. I am running stock injectors so I aint to worried about my pump keeping up. No reason for me to plum a gauge into the cab.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I see a lot of builds using braided hose, but I have had rotten luck with it. I have my lines made out of hydraulic hose.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have also heard quality problems but thats with anything I think. Someone out there has had a problem with it. For the price the aeromotive pump was not an option for me. Im not sure the aeromotive is even rated to run at higher pressure. I am running stock injectors so I aint to worried about my pump keeping up. No reason for me to plum a gauge into the cab.
Yea, I would rather not spend 3 times the money on the A1000 if I don't need it. If I need it than so be it, thats why I came here first so I hopefully can get some peoples experience with this stuff.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
You don't have to run one of those kits to have an electric fuel pump. Given all of the threads I researched when putting mine together, I feel safe stating that most use the '99-03 7.3 factory pump.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I ran a walboro pump. They suck. Mine quit in 5000 miles. Not rated for diesel. I got a fuel lab now. Works great!! But I think you'd be better off with a new stock 99-03 pump. Or two. Lol

·
Looking,Listening&Learnin
79 Posts
I have a single 99-03 pump. Keeps up fine with stage ones. I plan on doing dual pumps when i go bigger

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have a stock super duty pump but my truck has stock injectors. also I got all of my other lines made at napa they are diesel rated high pressure lines.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts