Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Brad, I'm not sure if the driver's side manifold was redesigned for or after the e99 trucks, but if it looks like the lower manifold in the picture it is the OBS style driver's manifold, and it is a direct swap if you're retaining the stock turbo.

The picture is a pair of OBS manifolds.

The key area to look at when differenciating between the early and late driver's manifolds is the spot where the top up-pipe bolt and the rear most manifold to head bolt are. If they are cast together like in the picture, they are the early manifold. On the later manifold each bolt will have it's own "ear" casting, and the end of the manifold will be kicked back and up more.

The passenger side manifold is the same for all 7.3's, so there is no fitment issue there. The SD manifolds will fit an OBS without an issue, I'm running a coated set of manifolds originally off a SD on my truck, my mount kit would only work with the SD driver's manifold.

Dave

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. My driver side manifold is different than yours. But i still dont know if they are are a early or late, If there is even a difference

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
My early 99 manifolds are the same as my 2000 manifolds. I have both and lost track of which ones are which by now.

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
the change was from obs to the sd it doesnt make a diff between early and late 99

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Ok thanks. My driver side manifold is different than yours. But i still dont know if they are are a early or late, If there is even a difference
Brad, the pair in that picture are the right (top) and left (bottom) from an OBS, so if your manifold is different than the lower one, it's the later manifold.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts