Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Headwind Magnet
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm a 7.3 guy but my buddies 2003 E-350 van has started doing something weird. Three or four times recently the motor has suddenly shut down. Starts right back up by recycling the key. The incidents happened a few minutes after start. He's got under 60k on the clock.

I have AE so I could check some things if I knew what to look for with this motor.

FWIW, I think the batts are getting a little long in the tooth.

Thanks for the help guys!
Best,
Jim

·
Word
608 Posts
The 7.3 was famous for the Crank Sensor going bad causing this concern...Ford actually issued a recall for this...

·
Headwind Magnet
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, should have been clearer:doh: My buddies van has the 6.0. If it were a 7.3 I would definitely start with the CPS but I don't know enough about a 6.0 to start anywhere.

Thanks again guys!
Best,
Jim

·
Word
608 Posts
The 6.0 has numerous starting/running concerns....some common problems are ICP sensor and oil pressure concerns...I would start there...

·
Headwind Magnet
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply! I will pass it on to him.
Best,
Jim

·
Registered
853 Posts
always a good idea to have the latest program for the pcm, tcm, ficm..there have been a number of updates since 03 and some dealing with wierd driveability concerns..just throwing that out there..

·
Headwind Magnet
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
always a good idea to have the latest program for the pcm, tcm, ficm..there have been a number of updates since 03 and some dealing with wierd driveability concerns..just throwing that out there..
Thanks Casper. I had heard that this could be an issue on the 6.0. Worth checking, guess a trip to the dealer for diagnostics is in order...
Best,
Jim

·
Registered
200 Posts
its my understanding that the vans didnt get the 6.0l until '04. sure he has the 6.0?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts