Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dyno'd the truck at ts few weekends ago. it was disappointing to say the least. i was expecting alot more than she put down. ive been trying to get the video's from my buddy that took them. but he doesnt have a card reader to get the vids on his comp. ill be there next weekend and get em then. anyway.. she only put down 356hp. talked to jonathan at swamps and we came to the conclusion it was my tuning. it needs live tuned. and on top of that my gen3 was leaking and had a stripped bolt. so i sent it to swamps to have them fix it. he had me tinker with the factory pump too. ill have the gen3 back on saturday. gonna hammer on it and get it back together saturday. jonathan is coming up sunday to live tune it. hopefully he can get it running good. only question i have is after i put the gen3 back on do i have to do anything special to get the air out of the oil passages to the injectors?

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
356 isnt bad, unless you have a huge turbo and injectors... what are your mods?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
250cc hybrid injectors
gen3 HPOP
full aeromotive fuel system
garrett Ball bearing charger- 38r
ts performance 140hp 6stage custom tuned chip
arp head studs
electrics fans
2003 stock powerstroke intercooler mod. with S.S. tubes
map sensor boost overide
and a full billet transmission

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
ouch you should be knocking on the door of 500. Hopefully you have springs and push rods.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your telling me ouch!! i was told by a few guys that know strokers i should be knocking on 500's door. then put that down. i think they are stock. but im getting them. money has just been tight cause i go to school. i cant really be too upset because when we were leaving the pulls at ts on friday night.. i raced mattp in his 08 6.4 with the deletes, intake exhaust and spartan 210 tune and pulled him all three times! ha. then put down 356hp on sat.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
hopefully jonathen gets your truck right. that would make a guy almost cry

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea it sorta sucked. but after talking to him and discussing it he came to the conclusion that it just needs to be live tuned. the off the shelf tunes or sending a ts somewhere and having it burned with a "generic" tune wasnt going to work. so thats why he is coming up. i really have to give it to jonathan and dave at swamps. they warrantied my gen3 and fixed the leaks and stripped bolt and he is coming up from tennessee to tune my truck. my hats off to them. i would definitly gotta give them props.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Ya you must be having some other issues going on. Even without live tuning you should be way more then that.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my TS was screwed up. only 2 of the tunes were working. and how well they were working is unknown. i guess i forgot to throw that in there.. my TS was only working on level 5 and 6. and it DEF didnt feel like it did when i got the truck. it felt like it had lost some of the ass it had when i got it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts