Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I don't think you're going to see huge gains with such a small capacity injector. But I'm sure you'll get a little.

·
Registered
448 Posts
90ccs man.. its like trying to shoot water through the barrel of a handheld squirtgun with a hi-vol pressure washer........

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I wonder if the same question was posed, but about AD's, what would the answer be? Has anyone actually done a before and after with AD's to see a real HP gain?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I got AD's in my OBS and when I switched from the 15* hpop to the adrenanline man it was like a new set of injectors in again!:evil

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
O HP gain with stock 90cc inj's. Don't care what pump is used.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Yeah, the only way I could understand a change would be with tuning changes and some would have to have been left on the table in the first placed.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
:popcorn: getting a adrenaline next weekend with minor mods, keep er commin. mind you i am getting ready for stg 2s. ive read so many testicimonials on dieselsite about people with completely stock trucks having huge seat of the pants diff. just read here, 1994-2003 7.3L Dieselsite Adrenaline HPOP is this a crock or should i do this?

·
Registered
453 Posts
:popcorn: getting a adrenaline next weekend with minor mods, keep er commin. mind you i am getting ready for stg 2s. ive read so many testicimonials on dieselsite about people with completely stock trucks having huge seat of the pants diff. just read here, 1994-2003 7.3L Dieselsite Adrenaline HPOP is this a crock or should i do this?
I'm one of those "seat-o-the-pants" guys on Dieselsite's Adrenaline section. I can not keep my Autoenginuity connected long enough to get good numbers. Chris and Brad(also in the Adrenaline section) have some good before and after numbers. I don't believe a stock truck will see much hp increase but you will feel the difference over your stock unit when accelerating and towing. Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
886 Posts
I don`t have any dyno numbers but on my early 99 the Adrenaline made a huge difference from 2000 rpm til redline. That is with the stock ab injectors. I was planning on data logging before and after and a video of truck going through the gears both ways. I think the hard drive is out of my laptop so I might have lost my "before" data. I plan on taking my hard drive to see if anything can be retrieved so hopefully I still can.

·
Drive fast, look cool
391 Posts
I put it on mine with stock sticks and superchip 1705 programmer. There was a huge difference. My truck pulled hard all the way through the rpms with a low end grunt I had never felt. I'm now going to bigger injectors yet again and now have a 6-pos chip too. You will notice a difference with stock injectors.

I have a write up on it on powerstroke.org

·
Pulling sled for hire
1,905 Posts
You will notice a difference with stock injectors.
A lot of that is probably going to depend on the condition of your stock pump. If it's worn and getting weak, then sure you'll notice a big difference. If your pump is healthy though it's going to be tough to starve it for oil with the stock injectors.

·
Drive fast, look cool
391 Posts
A lot of that is probably going to depend on the condition of your stock pump. If it's worn and getting weak, then sure you'll notice a big difference. If your pump is healthy though it's going to be tough to starve it for oil with the stock injectors.
True, I did not mention that. Possibly my pump was not 100% when I bought the truck. I damn sure noticed a difference lol... Thanks!

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've been in the archives trying to absorb as much knowledge on inj's and what makes them work. If I am understanding correctly the stock inj will not bet able to take advantage of the extra volume of oil but...

The added psi should make the injs perform better especialy @ high rpm given the quickend cycle at which they aredischarged though the filling is still dependant on the lift pump.

Do I have this right?

If so the answer should be "yes" the ad will be worth something but not much until more vol inj's are added.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts