Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I took my truck in for an emissions test. This is a newer shop in town, and the first time I've had my truck tested there. They strapped my truck on to a Mustang Dyno to do the emissions test, and the guy who did the test for fun left the dyno monitor on so I could see the HP. My truck was in a stock tune, so I wasn't expecting anything special.

Anyway, he ran through the emissions test, then punched it hard to see what it would put up for hp in the stock tune. When he did this, the back end of the truck was vibrating pretty bad on the rollers, and my tires started smoking.

Having never had my truck on the dyno, what the hell was wrong? Why was the rear end vibrating so badly? Was it not strapped down properly? Something wrong with my driveline?

My truck drives smooth down the highway at well over 100 mph. So I'm suspecting that the operator didn't have it cinched down properly.

They have offered to let me do some dyno pulls, but before I do, I want to check the vibration issue first and make sure nothing bad happens.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I would think that if you don't notice issues when driving and that it only occurred on the dyno that it's not something with your truck. I would just guess that it wasn't strapped tight and not enough weight to keep the tires on the rollers properly. If that is the case you should be happy it didn't walk off the rollers or break loose. Is this the new place by 470 and Parker?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
That is where I got my truck tested... I didn't hear anything wrong in the waiting room, I kinda wish i would have went back there to watch.

PS curtis, I passed in street tune ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts