Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been working toward it for a long time but i just cant afford to do it right so

What would it take to jerry rig nitrous for 2 pulls on a dyno.
It would be a once in a lifetime chance to go put down 700 hp HERE. and if i could cheeply get a way to just
A)Hide the bottle, like laying in the floor unbolted if safe.
B)keep the level safe. just one jet- i have an extra port on cac tube.

I have a friend who knows how to vent the purge to the fuel tank to cool it off. Does this really work bc if i got to have a 10lb bottle i might as well refrig the fuel. bc i would like to hide it anyway.

Id prolly just ebay the basics and leave everything hanging out and then take it off and ebay it back. Could it be done safely? Especially the stock tranny with a HPFP 310 tune.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Purge the fuel tank?

These dont take much a .93 jet on the dyno will prolly get you above 700 maybe a .110 but you need a solenoid, and lines that will flow that much

My bottle isnt bolted down, you want to keep the bottle warm, a warm bottle makes more power than a cold one, if you decide to heat the bottle, make sure you have a guage on the bottle, you can get an nx bottle gauge for like 30 bucks or so. you want your pressure to be around 950-1000 degrees. If you do all of that you should be good, my bottle isnt bolted down, and is behind the seat, i havent had time to mount it in the bed and get a good bottle heater.

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
Purge the fuel tank?

These dont take much a .93 jet on the dyno will prolly get you above 700 maybe a .110 but you need a solenoid, and lines that will flow that much

My bottle isnt bolted down, you want to keep the bottle warm, a warm bottle makes more power than a cold one, if you decide to heat the bottle, make sure you have a guage on the bottle, you can get an nx bottle gauge for like 30 bucks or so. you want your pressure to be around 950-1000 degrees. If you do all of that you should be good, my bottle isnt bolted down, and is behind the seat, i havent had time to mount it in the bed and get a good bottle heater.
or a cheap torch will do the trick unless your really trying to hide it. The bottle will maintainthe pressure for a little once you get it heated anyways.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
Purge the fuel tank?

the preasure should be around 950-1000 psi, the bottle round 85 to 93 degrees

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a couple .073 solenoids and lines ill let you borrow. you just need switches feed line and a bottle.
Thanks for the offer Mike. If thats what i need ill pay shipping. I really am clueless what a .073 is or will do.
Going to Memphis tomorrow and ZEX is there!!!!!!!!! So im gonna finally bug somebody besides you guys. Got untill may, but might as well start the budgeting now.

And my friend said if you run the purge into the fuel tank it will make more power.... cooler fuel is more power. Just thought id throw what he said in bc hes done a few on gassers.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
do most of you guys runnin nitous puge? i never had mine hooked up to purge it

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
form what i herd you can gain a tenth or two in the quarter. but never felt it was worth it

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Every time I see Danny purge, there's a good bit of air in his lines... So it makes me think there would be a pretty good "dead" spot after he hit his WOT switch. I don't know if I'm thinking right or what, but it makes a little sense to me. But on a dyno, I don't think it would matter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts