Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is talk that a chassis dyno might be coming to my town. Ive never seen one in person so im pretty out of the loop on the whole process. is there any easy/cost effective AND safe ways to squeeze out horsepower for 3-6runs?

Heres my steup when it gets running right. Late 2010 PSD. Spartan 310 race tune, elte egr delete, elite studs, Intercooler pipe BOV, cfm, elite HPFP/rails

·
Registered
72 Posts
we use those dyno's on our mustangs don't go dead to the floor with it just roll into it being nice and easy with till the tranny shifts in about third then put it on the floor and run the rpms till they max out then back out of it but keep a eye on your egt's. it should hold up pretty good just make sure u give the turbo's time to cool between pulls.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
we use those dyno's on our mustangs don't go dead to the floor with it just roll into it being nice and easy with till the tranny shifts in about third then put it on the floor and run the rpms till they max out then back out of it but keep a eye on your egt's. it should hold up pretty good just make sure u give the turbo's time to cool between pulls.
:hehe:

·
That thing got a Cummins?
1,229 Posts
There is talk that a chassis dyno might be coming to my town. Ive never seen one in person so im pretty out of the loop on the whole process. is there any easy/cost effective AND safe ways to squeeze out horsepower for 3-6runs?

Heres my steup when it gets running right. Late 2010 PSD. Spartan 310 race tune, elte egr delete, elite studs, Intercooler pipe BOV, cfm, elite HPFP/rails
There is no safe way to run a truck on the dyno. It'll either stay together:evil or it will scatter:doh:.If you can't afford to chance a broken truck, then don't dyno.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is no safe way to run a truck on the dyno. It'll either stay together:evil or it will scatter:doh:.If you can't afford to chance a broken truck, then don't dyno.
wow i thought that dynoing a tuck woulnt be near as hard as a race.
what is the normal procedure anyway.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts

If its a "load" dyno aren't you suposed to wait until the load is applied? The only experience I have with dynos is hooked to water brake so...

·
That thing got a Cummins?
1,229 Posts
If its a "load" dyno aren't you suposed to wait until the load is applied? The only experience I have with dynos is hooked to water brake so...
Yes. Going all out against a load puts enormous strain on engine and driveline parts, and stuff can and does break on a dyno. You are racing without going down the track.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i was thinkig that the mods would make it safe for dyno runs

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
i think hes saying that the mods he's done to his truck should make it safe to run on a dyno

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Basically yea. I figured a few runs would be safe.

·
Registered
72 Posts
yeah man u should be just fine most of you dyno blow up are with guy shootin way to much nitrous or exstream boost u will be fine. You will have fun with it

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pretend ur talking to a guy who knows nothing about how to make a run....
How do u go about making a dyno run.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
if its an inertia dyno, what i do is get it to shift into od with the converter locked, then let out of it a bit to about 50 mph, and then roll into the throttle pretty hard, but not smashing it to the floor, that seams to load the turbos pretty good and i have been able to squeez 592 on fuel out of my truck, even though i think that was a bit high, and the torque numbers were high too 1400, but most dont punch the throttle till about 70 mph or so.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dang! I had no idea the rear wheels were spinning that fast. I noticed on the sct there was a dyno only tune. I run spartan, but what is the sct dyno tune?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
when you let out chances are your tires will be doing about 140 mph or so

on the SCT it locks it in OD so you can punch the throttle without it down shifting,

1 - 20 of 32 Posts