Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had experience with this kit?

Dynatrac

·
Registered
153 Posts
i dit the combo kit and love it. last way longer than the crappy sealed units. i was going through those units left and right. best upgrade i ever did.

·
Keyboard Thug
2,855 Posts
i dit the combo kit and love it. last way longer than the crappy sealed units. i was going through those units left and right. best upgrade i ever did.
Wow, that combo kit is the shyt. Me want.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Spintech and Dynatrac are priced about the same. I wonder which is the superior option.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I am not positive, but the spintech comes with the D60 Ujoints. I don't think the dynatrac kits come with that. but overall I don't think there is much of a difference. I have the spintech kit on my truck and I am happy with it.

·
High Plains Powerstroke
103 Posts
So do they work like the factory hubs with electronic switch into 4wd? What I mean is can you put into 4wd to get out if you are slightly stuck, but put the hubs into lock to have solid 4wd that will not kick out and go into defensive mode if it notices to much slip?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have the dynatrac kit.. Going on 4 years now and no problems at all. Thats with 35's probably around a 90,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
So do they work like the factory hubs with electronic switch into 4wd? What I mean is can you put into 4wd to get out if you are slightly stuck, but put the hubs into lock to have solid 4wd that will not kick out and go into defensive mode if it notices to much slip?
When it is locked it is locked... They have manual hubs...

·
High Plains Powerstroke
103 Posts
Thanks for the answer

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have been through 3 in 50,000 miles!! Could have bought the conversion by now, and not to mention tow bills and severe anger when they let go. I think the bigger tires really kill the stock things fast.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have been through 3 in 50,000 miles!! Could have bought the conversion by now, and not to mention tow bills and severe anger when they let go. I think the bigger tires really kill the stock things fast.
yea i finally dropped the 3200 when i got stranded while driving back home from louisiana. cost me hotel and napa charging me 600 for one unit. try being stick in van horn tx. nobody had one in stock and talk about a s&*%hole of a town.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I lost one in Lake Powell in the sand pulling my boat. Limped to the dealer in Page AZ. I will just say this stay as far away from the Page Ford Dealer as possible.

I had to locate the Hub they couldn't find it anywhere close. Drive to Flagstaff and pick it up. Take my tires off because they didn't realize you could tap on a different socket to get the wheel locks off. Cost half the price of the kit. for one wheel. I think my other hub is going out so this is my upgrade.

Spyntec or Dynatrac.

Dynatrac offered me free shipping wonder what spyntec will offer.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I did the Dynatrac Combo Kit on my 01 back in 2004. Great kit, worth every penny if you plan on keeping the truck for a long time, IMO.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I lost one in Lake Powell in the sand pulling my boat. Limped to the dealer in Page AZ. I will just say this stay as far away from the Page Ford Dealer as possible.

I had to locate the Hub they couldn't find it anywhere close. Drive to Flagstaff and pick it up. Take my tires off because they didn't realize you could tap on a different socket to get the wheel locks off. Cost half the price of the kit. for one wheel. I think my other hub is going out so this is my upgrade.

Spyntec or Dynatrac.

Dynatrac offered me free shipping wonder what spyntec will offer.
I think it was KLM performance that I got them from... who knows they might work you out a deal... they carry both kits.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
The Spintech kits are out of stock until next month. They have been out of stock since April.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wil be buying from Dynatrac parts made in the USA vs not.

Read what the Dynatrac rep sent me.

Hi again Andrew,

Here is the simple breakdown on the Dynatrac VS Solid hub conversion kit:

1) Dynatrac has been in business 20 years VS Solid’s 5 years. Solid has gone bankrupt twice in those 5 years! The last time was just in January. They have not produced a hub kit in over 6 months. They were recently purchased and their website just popped back up under “Spyntec Industries”. I am not sure if they are even producing parts again yet! The question is: “If you buy their kit and something breaks, how confident are you to be able to receive the parts you need to get rolling again?”

2) Dynatrac was the first to design, engineer, and build a Ford/Dodge Hub Conversion to eliminate the factory unitized sealed bearing system (over 10 years ago) VS Solid copying our kit with a few variations.

3) Dynatrac’s components are all forged, machined and assembled in the USA VS Solid who’s parts are forged outside of the USA

4) Dynatrac offers a one year unlimited mileage written warranty VS Solid’s non-existent warranty

I can go on, but I think you get the picture. If your deciding factor Solid because they supply U-Joints, I can throw in a set of Spicer 1480’s at no charge ($100 value). I would not be able to offer you free shipping on top of that though!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Wow LOL... might want to see what the spintech guy would say... LOL

I wil be buying from Dynatrac parts made in the USA vs not.

Read what the Dynatrac rep sent me.

Hi again Andrew,

Here is the simple breakdown on the Dynatrac VS Solid hub conversion kit:

1) Dynatrac has been in business 20 years VS Solid’s 5 years. Solid has gone bankrupt twice in those 5 years! The last time was just in January. They have not produced a hub kit in over 6 months. They were recently purchased and their website just popped back up under “Spyntec Industries”. I am not sure if they are even producing parts again yet! The question is: “If you buy their kit and something breaks, how confident are you to be able to receive the parts you need to get rolling again?”

2) Dynatrac was the first to design, engineer, and build a Ford/Dodge Hub Conversion to eliminate the factory unitized sealed bearing system (over 10 years ago) VS Solid copying our kit with a few variations.

3) Dynatrac’s components are all forged, machined and assembled in the USA VS Solid who’s parts are forged outside of the USA

4) Dynatrac offers a one year unlimited mileage written warranty VS Solid’s non-existent warranty

I can go on, but I think you get the picture. If your deciding factor Solid because they supply U-Joints, I can throw in a set of Spicer 1480’s at no charge ($100 value). I would not be able to offer you free shipping on top of that though!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Me personally, I would only go Dynatrac as I have dealt with them for a number of years and always had great experience with them.

Also get new studs that hold the fixed spindle to the knuckle....vs. reusing your stockers.

I have never used Solid/Spyntec whatever they are called these days.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts