Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
amos moses
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought some local guys might be interested. I'll be there but due to no funds to buy my sct I'll be watching.

not sure if anybody is really into truck pulls but i figured it couldn't hurt to post the info..

Truck Pull @ Durham fair grounds

Saturday, May 1 from 6 p.m.-10 p.m. Registration from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Registration and Truck Pulls begin at 6 p.m. Registration fee is $20 per each puller in each class. Spectators are $5 a car load.

Rules and Regulations

STREET LEGAL TRUCK PULL
RULES AND REGULATIONS
I. CLASSES*
GAS: DIESEL: OPEN:
GAS 4800 LB 8000 LB Not to exceed 10,000 LB
GAS 5800 LB
GAS 6500 LB
*CLASSES MAY CHANGE IF NEEDED

The following rules apply to all classes:

II. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND/OR DRUGS
IMMEDIATE cause for disqualification of vehicle and driver.

III. FAIR, SLED OPERATOR AND HELPERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE
For breakage or harm to the pulling vehicle or persons involved.

IV. REGISTRATION
a. MUST show current vehicle registration and insurance at registration.
b. NO REGISTRATION AFTER PULLS BEGIN.
c. Registration fee will be $20 per each puller in each class.
d. Pre-registration is accepted and will allow drivers to receive two pit passes to allow free entry into fair. Send registration form and check made out to: Durham Fair Association
Mail to:
Jeff Harvey
332 Chamberlain Road
Middletown, CT 06457

bring registration day of pull

V. AGE
a. All drivers must be at least 18 years old.
b. All minors under the age of 18 must have written parental permission.

VI. VEHICLE QUALIFICATIONS AND RULES
a. All decisions made by the discretion of technical inspection are final.
b. Vehicle must be legally registered and insured, proof required.
c. Seatbelt and helmets required when hooking to sled.
d. U-joints must be duct-taped.
e. U-joints will be duct-taped, driveshaft loops suggested.
f. Open to street legal vehicles only, no modifying/lightening of body, full door panels required, full bed floor required.
g. Hitch height must not exceed 26” from ground to lowest hitching point.
h. DOT approved tires only: no cut tires, no size limitation.
i. No nitrous or power adders.
j. Ballast must be secure as possible. Any loss of ballast on truck will be a disqualification. No ballast under hood.
k. Vehicle may be trailered to event.
l. Lockers, spools, and posi’s will be allowed.
m. There will be a 50 food shut down to be able to re-pull. There will be only one chance after the 50 foot mark.
n. Pulling order will be drawn before beginning class. (Tentative to event.)
o. Vehicle must have full exhaust. Street legal exhaust required.
p. Vehicle suspension may be blocked solid in a safe manner. 1 inch clearance required between axle and block.
q. 110 lb. in airbags.
r. No added weight in front of stock frame rails, plow hitch and winches. Winch bumpers accepted by decision of tech inspection.
s. No trick hitches. Reese style hitch only bracing accepted.
t. Hitch point will be no further forward than rear of stock length frame rails.
u. Drivers head must remain inside vehicle.
v. Attachment point must have minimum 3 ½ inch opening to accept sled hook.
w. Top three winners will be weighed out.

VII. ADDITIONAL GAS RULES
a. Max cubic inch is 502 CID.
b. Engine limited to single carburetor or throttle body no more than 850 CFM.
c. Dual batteries allowed.

VIII. ADDITIONAL DIESEL RULES
a. The OEM chassis is mandatory. Engine must be in OEM location for body used. Vehicle must retain full OEM chassis: wheel tubs, back-half conversations, tube chassis, etc. are prohibited.
b. An OEM transmission and transfer case are mandatory. Must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pickup.
c. Engine block must have been available as a factory option on a one-ton or smaller pickup truck. Engine and transmissions can be interchanged between brands. (Dodge, Ford, and GM) Blocks must circulate coolant freely. Use of concrete or other block filler is prohibited. No limit on RPM aftermarket intake manifolds are allowed.
d. Fire extinguisher system is HIGHLY recommended.
e. Fuel must be pump #1/#2 diesel. Soy/Biodiesel fuel is permitted.
f. Fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, duel high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps or HPOP’s are permitted. AG governors are permitted on P Pump applications.
g. No Nitrous Oxide.
h. No Propane.
i. Vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger unless OEM equipped with two.

IX. STREET LEGAL OPEN CLASS
a. All rules above apply EXEPT may run propane and hang weights in front.
b. Weight not to exceed 10,000 lb.

·
amos moses
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody from the nation interested? Thought we could get a few fords to participate. Sick of seeing the dodges win.:ford:

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I probably woulda gone and watched but gonna just go to a small meet n greet in Worcester instead on the drive home to MA

Looks like it will be a good time though, definitely need some strong Fords to give them Dodge boys a run for their money, gonna be tough to beat a 12v on the pulling track though :doh:

·
amos moses
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last year at a local fair we had a 6.0 in the top
2 but I had to go due to fiancée being cold and cranky. Hope he shows up!

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Last year at a local fair we had a 6.0 in the top
2 but I had to go due to fiancée being cold and cranky. Hope he shows up!
was that a red extended cab short bed?

·
amos moses
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No. That's a kid I know mike. He usually takes top 3-5. I'm talkin about the black lifted 6.0 with the backrack. Only 2 fords in the diesel class last Saturday. Both did bad they seemed stock. I was there drooling on the fence dreaming of my truck hooked to the sled! Next pull I'm definatley gonna do it!:rockwoot

·
Registered
72 Posts
i would like to hook to the sled but this will be my first pull ever going to need u guys to help me out and give me some tips and pointers

·
amos moses
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it will also be my first aswell. im thinking 15lbs at launch then holder to the floor. im gonna pull in 4L 3rd gear (auto) still undecided on tire pressures.

·
Registered
72 Posts
oops i thought yall ment durham nc ol well we are having a truck pull this weekend in nc think iam going to hook up the the sled still need some help anyone got pointer on how to do this with a 2008 6.4 with spartin tunner?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
No. That's a kid I know mike. He usually takes top 3-5. I'm talkin about the black lifted 6.0 with the backrack. Only 2 fords in the diesel class last Saturday. Both did bad they seemed stock. I was there drooling on the fence dreaming of my truck hooked to the sled! Next pull I'm definatley gonna do it!:rockwoot
Sounds like fun, I would love to hook up one of these days, just trying to make sure the driveline will hold together and that I can be ready to fix whatever might break. My u-joints in the rear are already going out, sled certainly wouldnt help that.

There is a pull coming up soon in Exiter, RI too. Its only the stone sled though and not a weight transfer sled

·
First timer.
2 Posts
Ohh man I wish I knew before I would have went. I have been waiting for a truck pull since portland last year. Goshen ct truck pull june 19th and 20th if anyone wants to go.

·
amos moses
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
truck pull today in brooklyn,ct ill see if i can get some info.

·
amos moses
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JUNE 5 4PM
BROOKLYN AG DAY
15 FAIRGROUNDS RD, BROOKLYN CT

·
amos moses
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Next truck pulls are at the goshen stampede! In goshen, ct June 19th and 20th. I'll be there but my truck is gonna sit this one out. Heads will be going to the mahine shop tomorrow so I dunno if shell be done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts