Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
What is funny is guys like you.

I have driven everything GM under the sun from a C1500 2wd on 39's, to H2 Hummers, 2500HD CC gasser to 2 GMC 2500HD Dmaxs all with IFS and THEN I drove a Ford with the Straight Axle under it. I can personally tell you that my 3 Ford trucks, (2 F250 CC SB and now F350 CC LB) all 4WD ride SO MUCH BETTER than anything IFS I have ever driven. My Ford's tow better, pulling boats or just various trailers. They ride better both while towing and not. The 'only' difference was maybe 1-2 mpg better in my gm vehicles (diesels) than the Fords, but I will take the ride, better 4wd, better towing, and usability of the truck over the other.

Been there, done that and I am glad I took that drive and made the switch.
I agree you want a big worthless lift on your truck because you need an ego boost drive a ford. You can't work a lifted truck with way over sized tires and have reliability or performance.So lift your truck little man and go get your groceries.I put more miles on ifs trucks than sfa,put over 3k in my sfa to keep it on the road,and not a dime in my ifs.

·
Registered
211 Posts
What is funny is guys like you.

I have driven everything GM under the sun from a C1500 2wd on 39's, to H2 Hummers, 2500HD CC gasser to 2 GMC 2500HD Dmaxs all with IFS and THEN I drove a Ford with the Straight Axle under it. I can personally tell you that my 3 Ford trucks, (2 F250 CC SB and now F350 CC LB) all 4WD ride SO MUCH BETTER than anything IFS I have ever driven. My Ford's tow better, pulling boats or just various trailers. They ride better both while towing and not. The 'only' difference was maybe 1-2 mpg better in my gm vehicles (diesels) than the Fords, but I will take the ride, better 4wd, better towing, and usability of the truck over the other.

Been there, done that and I am glad I took that drive and made the switch.
Better 4wd and usability you must be jokin.

·
What's fight club?
293 Posts
I agree you want a big worthless lift on your truck because you need an ego boost drive a ford. You can't work a lifted truck with way over sized tires and have reliability or performance.So lift your truck little man and go get your groceries.I put more miles on ifs trucks than sfa,put over 3k in my sfa to keep it on the road,and not a dime in my ifs.
That was one truck, learn to read. :blah:

If you hate SFA and Ford so much then why are you here?

Go back under your f'in rock. Somebody left the door open and you managed to sneak in. Now do us all a favor, let yourself back out. :pointlaugh:

·
Registered
211 Posts
That was one truck, learn to read. :blah:

If you hate SFA and Ford so much then why are you here?

Go back under your f'in rock. Somebody left the door open and you managed to sneak in. Now do us all a favor, let yourself back out. :pointlaugh:
No, that was three sfa trucks and 3k per truck,and 9 ifs trucks.the sfa were personal rides the ifs are company, anybody jumps in them at anytime loaded with anywhere from 15k to 30k,and no problems.the reason I'm here,we were actually considering a 550rollback.

·
My other twin turbo...
1,066 Posts
I have owned GMC's and Fords for 34 years. I have had solid axles in each and a few IFS GMC's. AN IFS will suffer more wear! The ball joints in a solid axle only have to bear weight and rotate in one plain. In an IFS they have to do both of those and suffer motion in the Z plain as well. Plus you have four control arm bushings per side. On a solid axle, caster and camber are locked in position. On a IFS, you are at the mercy of control arm bushing flex and wear. A solid axle can actually articulate higher and lower than the IFS limit of control arm motion. Yes, I lifted a few of my trucks when I was younger and used to go trail running at a moments notice, but stock, my 08 is already up to my nuts when I climb in. Unlike GM products that can plow a driveway on the winter with their bumper and frame.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Steering wander is the main thing I don't like.when you hit a deep pothole the whole front axle feels it,with ifs not so. Like I said before I get what gets the job done without killing my wallet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I guess that's why my brother got stuck on my jobsite where I pulled several trailors in and out of with my 2500 dmax with the absolute cheapest tires I could find. He backed in off the road about 75ft andcould not move, he had new mud and snow tires.I hooked my truck up to him and pulled him out. I didn't think much of it as I do that a lot,but then he started laughing and asked if it pulled hard. Turns out he had it in neutral. GO iFS!
Did I mention in the above post he weighed 21000lbs. I had no weight and was in the same muddy condition,that's not the first time that has happened where we had to get our ifs trucks to pull trailors into jobsites.

So how can I take ANYTHING you say as somewhat true if you make a statement like this!?? Way over exaggerated, highly doubt you pulled a 8000 # Super Duty with a 21,000 # trailer hooked to it with cruddy tires and a 7000 # unloaded Duramax, just not going to happen. You might be able to do it if you were on dry pavement, but more than likely your front end will look like this after you snap the TRE's \ / . Yes I know there's a fix for it, don't even bother to bring that up.

I bet your "work" trucks are new Duramaxs that don't have enough hard miles under their belt to get worn out parts replaced. And let me guess, your "SFA" truck is a mid 90's truck with close to 200k hard miles on it? Just sayin. Don't forget to tell us the rest of the story of why it needs front end work. Maybe from that time you caught air off a jump, like this guy?

There's a reason you didn't tell us what year trucks you were talking about, else you'd be the first one to blabber to everything how you 2008 F-350 needs $2,000 dollars worth of front end work and your 1999 Dmax has yet to be touched.

Personally I don't care for IFS. Not going to brag to everyone saying a SFA is superior and your IFS is garbage. To each his own, thats the great thing about having the Big 3 is you get to choose what you want in a truck for the most part. Someone's always gotta be b!itchin bout something. Geesh I thought women were bad, some of you guys are way worse! :mad: Take a breath, count to 3 talk with a wise tongue and maybe we can get a good debate going rather than fighting like children. :doh:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ha,ha, 2 2001 dmax's 200k and150k,2 2006 both90k,a few I'm no have no work but not sure of miles.21000 was with the truck 99 ps with 170k.

·
What's fight club?
293 Posts
Ha,ha, 2 2001 dmax's 200k and150k,2 2006 both90k,a few I'm no have no work but not sure of miles.21000 was with the truck 99 ps with 170k.
I forgot the 1/2 ton with 430k never been touched pulled skid loaders and off roaded the whole time.
1998 Chevy C1500 - 56k miles when I got rid of it. Ball joints 4 times. Front breaks redone 3 times. Tie rod ends twice. Front CV replaced drivers side 3 times. Upper control arm bushings replaced or worked on, drivers side - 4 times, passenger side 5 times. Tires replaced on front end twice. Total time in the shop - 17 days...

2000 Chevy C1500 - 48k miles when I sold it. Ball joints twice. Upper control arm bushings 3 times. Brake rotors replaced twice. In the shop 14 other times for misc front end issues. Total time in the shop - 22 days.

2002 Chevy 2500HD - 17k miles when I trashed it. In the shop 21 times with front suspension issues, horrible tire wear, brake issues, ball joints, steering issues, etc. Total time in the shop - 35 days.

This does not include the 2 Hummers (H2's) that I owned that were in the shop a total of 23 days together.

Fast forward to now.

3 Fords. Total time in shop 2 days. Oil changes, 1 radiator issue with my first F250 and AC repairs on my 2nd F250. No other issues especially with that SFA. Also I am much harder on my Ford's than I was my gm trucks because now I have heavier toys to tow around and move so that is proof to me.

So unfortunately I could not keep that gm junk any longer to see if it would have lasted, it was costing me too much money.

·
What's fight club?
293 Posts
If you could be half way realistic I could believe you. I could destroy any truck if I would want to.
You can believe what you want. I did not 'destroy' my trucks. Just had issues with them. 90% of the time these trucks were on pavement. City life you know.

I forgot to ask if you hate gm so much what are you doin on the diesel place?
First off, never said I hated the Original GM. Now, government motors, yes. Will never drive anything gm again or get into anything gm again until they pay every dime back they owe me and every other tax payer. Are there things about my previous trucks that I didn't like, well obviously since I am now driving a Ford. But there are things that I liked as well, nothing worth mentioning but a few things.

Why am I on the Diesel Place, well I have been a member there since 2003. Used to drive 'other' trucks. So that is why I joined there. If I had Ford's then I would have been on a Ford site.

It is always funny to me when someone posts their experience with the 'other' brand that their claims are always outlandish, far fetched, and could never be true. But when YOU post info, we are all supposed to just say, "okay" and believe you with no questions asked. :doh:

I know what I and others have experienced with Ford, GMC/Chevy, and Dodge from my readings. One group never wants to believe the other which is fine. To each his own. You are obviously a gm person and so you will defend them tooth and nail. I know what that feels like, I used to be brand loyal like you and blind like you.

Good luck man.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Steering wander is the main thing I don't like.when you hit a deep pothole the whole front axle feels it,with ifs not so. Like I said before I get what gets the job done without killing my wallet.
I can let go of my steering wheel and it tracs straight and smooth. With a 6" lift and 35's. Ford has got a good thing going on with their SFA and coils. I think the new Fords ride even better than the GM's nowdays.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Those new trucks are sweet but the Dodge dually flares still suck.
And here I thought that I was the only one that thought that they looked like the old Dodges. And the new Dodges(dually) look like the old Fords lol.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts