Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
they call me tater salad
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if a turbo on a international dump truck will fit on a 99 7.3,and if it does is there more flow or is it just as good as the stock one?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Not necessarily.
Which engine?

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
does anyone know if a turbo on a international dump truck will fit on a 99 7.3,and if it does is there more flow or is it just as good as the stock one?
That's a pretty broad generalization, what series IH truck, year, and what engine? We're going to need alot more info.

Dave

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Not sure if it would fit,well a 91 Intl tandem w/cat 425 that thing is pretty big. That what I have in my tandem. Well I guess nothing is impossible.

·
they call me tater salad
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine is also a dt 466 and its a 96,i took a quick look at it someone told me it would bolt right in place of the factory one and it would build more boost but i was just checking to see if anyone knows more than that

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
A turbo off of a DT466 won't bolt right up, and depending on the model, it is most likely smaller than your stock turbo, at best it may flow similar numbers.

Boost numbers mean little as far as power generating numbers, you need to look for a turbo with more airflow than your stocker. If not something like a 38R or an H2e, start looking for turbos off of engines in the 10-12 liter range for a mostly stock PSD.

Dave

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
These kind of questions pop up every so often about pulling a turbo or injectors or some hard part of a similar but larger platform than the 7.3, yet you never really hear anything 'great' back about them. IMO your better off sticking with reputable hard parts (38,42 series from Garrett; H2e; etc) and knowing your getting something that has been tested and holds it's ground

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
These kind of questions pop up every so often about pulling a turbo or injectors or some hard part of a similar but larger platform than the 7.3, yet you never really hear anything 'great' back about them. IMO your better off sticking with reputable hard parts (38,42 series from Garrett; H2e; etc) and knowing your getting something that has been tested and holds it's ground
I fully agree, and if you're planning on putting something untried on, be prepared to do alot of research beforehand to hopefully keep from burning yourself.

Dave

·
Registered
561 Posts
You're probably looking at a GT4082 if working on a DT466.
Flows a bit more than stock.

Needs to convert to T4 mounts.
No I6 I'm aware of, International, Cat, etc, uses anything even close to the Powerstroke mounting. Heck, not even any V8's.

·
they call me tater salad
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya thanks guys im prob gonna throw this plan in the garbage i just thought that because it was free and it came off an ih motor that it would fit and flow more than the stock one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts