Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to put duel cb antennas on a headache rack i just build. I have heard a lot of talk about running two antennas is worse than running one. Should i go with two or one. Im planning on putting dual 4 foot on top of the rack.

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
two is just for looks..one will reach farther than duals. Im shure someone will chime in and explain why but everything ive ran or have seen..one always reaches out farther.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I had duels and they seemed to work good, but everything I read says they need to be more than 8' apart otherwise they will fight each other. I am relocating them to my toolbox and planning on hooking up just 1 this time instead, with the other for the look since I already got it.

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
The advantage of duals is that if they're setup right, they'll talk and listen further fore & aft than any comparable single will.
The disadvantage of duals is that if they're not setup right, they'll work against each other, your talk & listen range will be reduced. Also, they don't tend to amplify the left-right direction near as much as the fore-aft direction. They don't reduce the lefr-right range, they just don't amplify it as much as the fore-aft.

If you know you'll always want to talk & listen primarily to the rear of your vehicle, mount the antenna on the front bumper. This gives maximum power & reception to the rear.
Mounting in the center of the vehicle gives the best range & reception for all directions.

I'm getting ready to yank my duals from the mirrors and put them behind the cab. Too much noise up front with the windows down.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I'm getting ready to yank my duals from the mirrors and put them behind the cab. Too much noise up front with the windows down.
this is exactly what I am doing, passenger side mount broke off after catching one too many branches down the narrow roads.

Now whats the details on the correct setup for duals? I currently have coax that is made for duals and have been wondering if it work not work correctly if I only connected one antenna to it

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
this is exactly what I am doing, passenger side mount broke off after catching one too many branches down the narrow roads.

Now whats the details on the correct setup for duals? I currently have coax that is made for duals and have been wondering if it work not work correctly if I only connected one antenna to it
Correct. Single coax for singles, dual coax for duals. Don't mix.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Dual antennas, whippin' in the wind, lord there aint a country station that I cant tune innnnnnn!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts