Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
looking for snow eh!
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it as simple as unbolting the adapters in thr frt and getting 4 new rims or is there more to this such as axle width in the rear thanks, jr

·
looking for snow eh!
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it's a 2000 super duty also

·
Sofa King Cool
2,827 Posts
if you want to do it right, find someone that wants to convert to a dually and swap the rear axle, front adapters and bed

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
if you want to do it right, find someone that wants to convert to a dually and swap the rear axle, front adapters and bed
If he were closer I would trade and help with the swap.

Remember, most of the srw are 3.73 and duallys are mostly 4.10 I think.

·
diesel and nothing else
1,620 Posts
i have seen an article in some diesel magazine about a adapter to convert from dualy to single 22.5 with a 3 inch lift.
i check if i can find the magazine

·
Registered
597 Posts
The biggest problem is the bed. The dually bed has a trimmed edge so you cant just pull the outer fenders of unless you use fender flares to cover them.

·
Sparkplug?
18 Posts
I have a set of 18" kings ranch wheels with new tires, and I will drive my ass to idaho, and swap all the parts to make yours srw and mine drw if you want to go that way, bed and all, mines a 99, white.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a set of 18" kings ranch wheels with new tires, and I will drive my ass to idaho, and swap all the parts to make yours srw and mine drw if you want to go that way, bed and all, mines a 99, white.
Now that is a motivated person!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Now that is a motivated person!
Motivated, desperate or he really wants a dually. I do also but I'm too old for that kind of trip. I wish I had bought one in the first place but never thought I would have a biga$$ trailer like I have now. I think I would take him up on this one. You'll both be happy if the srw is a long bed that is

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Sounds like you are fueled up packed and ready

1 - 13 of 13 Posts