Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the Dually wheel spikes to give the truck a little bit different look. Only thing I've been able to find in 9/16 is the 1.5 inch spikes im looking for something longer in the 2.5-3 inch or bigger range. If anyone has any links to sites online they could point me to id appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
try iowa80.com or 75chromeshop.com both are big rig shops and have every piece of chrome you'd ever need!....

Chad

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've already looked into both of them and neither are a no go for 21mm or 13/16 spikes I've already tried to google as well with no luck

·
Registered
444 Posts
what about modifying a larger one. in a vise place a bolt with the right size nut on it and cover this with saran wrap, fill the bigger spike with hot glue and place over nut/saran and let cool. remove spike from bolt and nut combo then trim excess glue. Volia long spike to fit your nuts..... just out of the box thinking.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i do a lot of driving (up and down the east coast for my business) and i was trying to avoid that being stuck on the side of the road and having a hell of a time getting my lug covers off situation lol, i guess i will continue the search they must be out there somewhere

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was looking into getting full chrome replacements not just covers, but the factory nuts have a lock-washer, so do I need to get replacements that have the lock-washers to?

·
Registered
444 Posts
if you are staying with aluminum wheels then yes would be my answer. Steel wheels no problem.

·
Registered
444 Posts
the saran wrap was to allow them to be removed easily, you use the bolt/nut assembly in the vise as a model, the saran allows the hot glue to form like the nut but not actually glue to it.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh ok I gotcha. That doesn't sound bad but im still going to try to find some that actually fit still lol

·
Pissed in your Cheerios..
157 Posts
I want to do this as well. What I'm thinking of doing is taking my lug nut covers/hubcap and super-gluing the spikes onto the circles on the lug nut cover/hubcap where the lug nuts are.

·
Strokin all day
1,084 Posts
Oh ok I gotcha. That doesn't sound bad but im still going to try to find some that actually fit still lol
Some hillbilly ingenuity is what every truck needs. I have so many zipties on mine you'd think I bought stock in them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts