Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found another 2wd F-250 Powerstroke that I can pick up for a steal. The only thing is, it's a single rear wheel truck and I really had my heart set on an F-350 dually.

BUT,.....this one is almost too good to pass up.

My question is, can I simply change the front rotors to a dually type rotor like this? Buy Wearever Brake Rotor - Front YH145054 at Advance Auto Parts

Or,......will I have to change my spindle, & calipers as well?
Keep in mind,....this is a 2 wheel drive deal.

I plan on getting the conversion ferders from Arrowcraft, but I'm not too keen on running adapters. I'd much rather have OEM style parts.

As far as the rear goes, I plan on installing a complete rear end made for a DRW pick-up.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I an not too up to speed on the 2wd stuff Keith. But if the bearings are the same I would say the hub assemblies will swap

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I an not too up to speed on the 2wd stuff Keith. But if the bearings are the same I would say the hub assemblies will swap
If I don't come up with a deffinite answer, I'm going to find out the hard way. I have a buddies F-350 2wd dually in my my shop right now and I'm installing ball joints in it. While I have one of the spindles off his, I'm going to pull one off mine and compare it.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I just did a quick search and the 2wd F250/f350 and F350 dually all use the same wheel bearings

·
Registered
630 Posts
Copperhead, I don't know what year truck you have, but I researched my '95 F350 DRW and my '93 F250. They're both 2WD, they have the same part number spindle on the front of either truck. The rotors are the same thickness also. Based I what I found, I believe just swapping the front rotors is all you need to do there. Might check the master cylinder sizes, the DRW trucks have a wider shoe, might have a different size wheel cyl and master cylinder combo.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It is real easy I have done this myself. Just swap hub assy spindles are same I just repacked bearings good to go in 20 mins

1 - 6 of 6 Posts