Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any write ups on how this is done? can someone run down the basics? where is the 2nd fuel pump added etc..

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,350 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Here's a few pics of what I did. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
Run the pumps in parallel, have each feed the post filter base. Works great, at least it did on my old crew cab. Supplied fuel to soem big b-codes and fuel pressure never budged.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Dual fuel system. You lose one pump, you lose half your motor. I would run them in parallel, but going back into a regular supply line. You lose one pump, your truck will still run just fine unless you are hammering on it.

Sorta like Marty did in this thread, down towards the bottom:

Maintain's Install Info..lots of good stuff here!! - Powerstroke Nation

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
That is exactly why I was asking as it did not seem like agood way of doing it. The main reason would be running two stock fuel pumps and not one hi pro is the redundancy of it. I may not be able to go WOT if one pump drops but I can still cruise home and will not be stuck on the side of the road. If I did eventually go to a fuellab I would still likely run a SD pump in a bypass loop that I could switch on and turn valve and be up and running. I hate getting stuck.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
I would at least have the SD pump in the tool box. I hate walking home.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
I plumbed mine with the ITP 5/8" in-tank to a 10 micron prefilter. Then ran two 3/8" lines from that filter to the pumps (one line to each pump). Then 3/8" lines from the pumps into one 2 micron post filter. Then ran one 3/8" line from there up to the ITP Bowl Delete and ITP regulated return back to the tank.

Ran over 550hp with that set-up, never saw the fuel pressure needle move, at the track, on the dyno, or daily driving.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Sounds good to me. I might have gone with a larger single line up to the ITP bowl delete but it did not hurt you one bit that I can see. Awesome.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
I plumbed mine with the ITP 5/8" in-tank to a 10 micron prefilter. Then ran two 3/8" lines from that filter to the pumps (one line to each pump). Then 3/8" lines from the pumps into one 2 micron post filter. Then ran one 3/8" line from there up to the ITP Bowl Delete and ITP regulated return back to the tank.

Ran over 550hp with that set-up, never saw the fuel pressure needle move, at the track, on the dyno, or daily driving.
Sounds like what I am planning to do to my truck. Except without the bowl delete.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
In the instance one pump fails how do you isolate that pump from back feeding I.e. Fuel from other pump pressure running backwards through failed pump?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
check valves before and after each pump. You need that to prevent a endless loop back from happening that you mention. It is also good to have them after your filters as well so you do not get drain back when you pull a filter. It will also keep the system primed.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Gotcha thanx have had an SD used e pump on the 96 diy e fuel and it has worked awesome plus have a spare in the tool box too, mind you only runnin swamps babies stock lines too so no huge demand for lots fuel....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts