Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, it has been a while since I have posted, but I need some help in diagnosing a problem.

So I made a 400 mile trip last weekend and about half way back my truck shut off for no reason at all. I was cruising at 75mph and it just died. Pulled over to the side of the road and it started right back up. About 100 miles later it did the same thing. This time I checked the codes and all I got was a U0105-Lost communication to FICM. Started back up after two tries. The last 10 miles of the trip it died about every 45 seconds, I would pull over and try a couple of times and it would fire back up. Now I am sitting in my driveway and it will start when cold and run for a few minutes, but once it gets warm it dies and wont start back up.

So, I have ruled out the FICM Relay, no chafing on the wiring harness, all connectors are tight. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to test a few things that may help me diagnose.

Additional Info:
KOEO-
Sometimes the injectors buzz, other times they dont. I can hear the relay clicking on and off.

While Cranking
FICM logic Voltage = 12.5
FICM Voltage = 47.5V
FICM Sync = 1

EDIT: Just ran for a few minutes and died, I noticed that the FICM Pwr Voltage = 5.5V after it died
Got Code P-1378 FICM System Voltage Low

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
KOEO-
Sometimes the injectors buzz, other times they dont

Sound like the FICM is not powering up everytime. I'd check the B+ feeding the FICM, then the relay and ignition switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2010 F250 shuts off when it hits a bump. Not all the time. I have to pull over and put the truck in park. So far it starts right up. Took it to the dealer, did a complete engine diag. Nothing shows up. No error codes.. nothing.. Tech guy at the dealership says it might be electrical, either a loose wire, or connection. The bump in the road is just enough to stop connection and then somehow allows the vehicle to start right up... He also says that to trace the entire wiring would be out of warranty.. Lovely... anyone have this same problem?

·
She's ALIVE AgAiN!!!
196 Posts
Isnt there a ground wire from the FICM loom that grounds at the VC? That would be my first guess/check. Could be loose/broken.
I know there is for the 03', it hooks to the rear drivers side VC up around where the IPR/ICP pigtails run. Don't know anything about a 10' but I would think it would be similar to a point.
Just my thoughts.
Hop it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.