Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother bought a single axle international truck for the farm.

He says that it runs great when its cool and after it warms up all the way it loses power and becomes doggy. It has about 130K on it.

I am leaning toward the hpop. It has a rebuilt marked pump on it. He did say that the oil was TRASHED when he changed it.

Anyone have similar symptoms?

·
PSN nerd
2,301 Posts
that or injector orings are not in too good of shape.

I had one that did that but the shop just threw a hpop, ipr, and injector orings so I never knew exactly what it was. but ran like new afterwards

·
OverFuelingForYourPlesure
1,609 Posts
is he getting a check engine light?

another thing to think about is the cooling system on some of the smaller internationals of that age ware built just barly big enough, then if the radiator starts getting a little stopped up they like to overheat.

I have seen them where they were getting hot enough that the computer would derate it but not set a check engine light.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
same truck same problem we parked ours and just put the pickups to work theyre a hell of alot stronger and more powerful then that truck was when it rolled off the factory floor in 83

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is he getting a check engine light?

another thing to think about is the cooling system on some of the smaller internationals of that age ware built just barly big enough, then if the radiator starts getting a little stopped up they like to overheat.

I have seen them where they were getting hot enough that the computer would derate it but not set a check engine light.
He told me when its warm and starts running poorly ir is running between 205-210 by the dash gauge. Do you know where it defuels?

Seems like most injector o-ring issues are worse cold than warmed up, hot problems are usually linked to hpop correct?

Thanks

·
1,609 Posts
I want to say its over 210 but cant remember for sure, I'll see if I can find it at work tomorrow if I remember.

·
1,609 Posts
decided top go ahead and look it up on IH's website before I forgot

Coolant Temperature Compenstion - At coolant temperatures greater than 214F (101C) fuel quantity is reduced by 6% for each degree of temperature (C), until engine temperature reaches 218F (103C) . Above 218F (103C) fuel is reduced by 3% for each C increase in temperature.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts