Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in doing a DT360 swap into my '94 F250. I built a pretty stout 6.9 last yr and dropped in it but just like any good gearhead, i'm not satisifed with it and want more power. I want to keep the simplicity and cost of Mechanical Injection vs. Common Rail and HEUI and a little piece of me dies inside when I see a cumminGs swap. I found an '89 DT on Craigslist that I hope I could get for a good price. After countless hours of reading thread ontop of thread it sounds like they are a better bang for your buck compared to a PPump 12V. It seemed that all of the "Swappies" went with having an adapter plate made and using a PPump instead of the APump. Would it be possible to tune an APump for say, the 400-500WHP range? Would a body lift of 3" be enough for the motor to fit without Radiator relocation or Major Firewall Modding? Does anyone make adapter plates to bolt the motor up to an E4OD/4R100? So many questions. Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Bleeds IH Red
380 Posts
i put a DT466 in a '71 IH travelette. it fit pretty well. they are cake to get 500 HP out of, the only limit is your budget!

·
Registered
53 Posts
This guy worked with Pipewhiner to build adapters for just bout anythin right now. Im not sure the status on it but they were even workin on a serpentine system for em. Welcome to Carson Stauffer Diesel Service
Give him a call, just be warned the DT is the cheapest part of a swap like this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts